Place to stay at Robe?

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
12 Oct 2016

Hi guys,

I am leading a trip to Robe in Dec. However, I have never stayed at Robe before. Most of the time we stayed near Southend or Beachport. 

I am wondering if you have any suggestions? 

It will be big enough to accommodate 8-10 cars. 

Thanks

Kelvin

Jesse
Jesse (Stirlo)
12 Oct 2016

Also interested as running a personal trip out there end of december

Also interested as running a personal trip out there end of december

Hi guys I run a massive Jeep event in Robe once a year...
Have a look on Stays.com and also call the local realestate agents for holiday home to rent....that's what we do...

Cookie64 (Cookie64)
12 Oct 2016

Try Ron @ Wrights Bay, top bloke, plenty of space and cheap accomodation

We're staying there for the 4x4 Earth meet next year

cheers

James
James (HighKMPatrol)
12 Oct 2016

We stayed at Robe Holiday Park in April. To date this is the best Caravan Park we have stayed at after travelling much of Victoria and we can't wait to go back. They have a large grass area at the back of the park to accomodate large groups. The hosts were really friendly and very helpful. On arrival we got a 30minute debrief on where to go and what to see! More a tour guide than a caravan park owner. We have 3 kids so he put us next to the jumping pillow. I think the guys name was Anthony or Tony (he's an electrician). Can't wait to go back. Price was very reasonable, however I imagine peak time in December will be different! 

Duncan Mccrae (Dunno)
13 Oct 2016

G'day Kevin,

There are a few camp grounds in Little Dip Conservation Park that would suit. The largest one is Long Gully Camp Ground although it doesn't have any shade. Otherwise you could try Old Man Lake Campground.

http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/booking#Little%20Dip%20Conservation%20Park

Cheers,

Duncan