Diesel conditioner

Forum > Tech talk, questions
Christine
Christine (gone bush)
03 Oct 2016

What are the thoughts about additives to fuel, a good idea or a con?

Jesse
Jesse (Stirlo)
03 Oct 2016

I reckon they do make a difference, well seems to soot like crazy for first 100km after putting it through :P i chuck one in every few months.

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
05 Oct 2016

The additives are already in the diesel from the manufacturer so why pay for even more to put in, spend it on diesel instead smiley

()
06 Oct 2016

Message deleted by the author.

()
06 Oct 2016

Most people's tanks will have an accumulation of crap in the bottom, so probably not a bad idea to pull the tank and flush it every two years, it's not a big job, so worth doing. As far as conditioners go I really don't know what to believe, but there are more harsh chemicals you can run through the system, BUT you need to bypass the fuel filter and run it directly into the system. This apparently cleans the injectors. There are risks involved with doing this, if you enter a contaminant into the lines when you have them open you can F things up pretty good. If you do it all according to plan you should have sparkling new injectors that perform as well as new ones. 

Well well Bull........ sorry I can tell you they don't work, I have done numerous testings and noted l/km over many tanks after various additives and they simply don't do a thing.

The best thing to do is get a changeover set or new set of injectors, and that will bring a new lease of life to the vehicle and bring back long lost fuel economy.

()
07 Oct 2016

Message deleted by the author.