Briagolong/Dargo, easy trip.

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
25 Sep 2016

This was a much different trip for my , firstly my sweetheart Deb was along for the ride and secondly it was an easy trip as I had good friends Kim and Lou along who had never driven off road before, also along was Glen in a Ranger and nicely set up I must say and Eli and Steph in a , lets say a neat Triton and of course Dave , Phoebe and Karl  in the trusty Disco.

We met up at the Briagolong pub for dinner on Friday night  before moving on to the cabins and a nice fire and more drinks.

Saturday morning Eli and Steph joined us then we were on our way by 8.30 

We didn't quite make Dargo by lunch time , well it was about 3pm , we had plenty of stoppages , photos, toilet stops , creek stops and helping Kim and Lou with all matter of things , so after a couple of drinks at the pub we high tailed it back to the cabins , got a good fire going , cooked up a pile of great food and eat and drank into the wee hours.

Sunday morning we all had a bit of a sleep in and a cooked brekky then checked out of the cabins and bid farewell to Eli and Steph as they had broken a front drive shaft on Saturday with the rest of us heading to lake Glenmaggie for a look around and lunch , wanted to do some beach driving but no luck lake to full in fact it was pouring over the dam wall.

We aired up in Heyfield said our good byes and headed home.

By all means if anyone on this trip has photos and has completed a diploma in posting photos on 4wdtrip pages please feel free.

Always a pleasure

Al.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
28 Sep 2016

This is Eli's trip report, I copy and pasted it here for him.

Sorry guys I put my little report for the weekend under the trip report which I just realised is meant for the trip leader. Sorry. But below is my summary of the great weekend had.

This trip that Allan organised was great, it had everything. Myself and my partner met up with the group early Saturday morning (as we went to watch the Swans smash the Cats the night before) and my first impression of everyone was they were all friendly and welcoming. Allan gave us a run down on where we were going, what we were doing and safety before we headed off and made everyone feel comfortable as some of us are new to this. 

We headed out through the bush from the cabins and the scenery was beautiful, this trip had everything, a little mud so slip and slide around in, inclines, declines, beautiful views and heaps and heaps of river crossings. This trip was rated easy/medium and i would agree, there were certainly some challenges along the way but there was also times where you could comfortable drive and just take in the views and scenery. We made it to Dargo late afternoon so missed a pub lunch by a couple of hours. However we had a drink and grab some group photos at the iconic pub before heading back to the cabins.

The cabins were great had everything you would need for a weekend away, running water, toilets, showers, open fire, kitchen and comfy beds after a big day out driving. We sat around the fire for a few hours eating and drinking and got to hear some interesting yarns and learn a little more about each person and their life experiences which was nice. Hitting that pillow that night was the best as it was a massive day of driving. The group excluding myself did another trip on the Sunday, I unfortunately couldn’t as on the Saturday I stuffed my drive shaft so I decided to head back to Melbourne.

I highly rate this trip, Allan is very experienced, friendly and had great knowledge of the area which made the trip go smoothly. Also all the members who went were also very nice and fun which made it such a good weekend. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone again and going on the next adventure.

Thanks to Allan and Deb for a great weekend.

6 mins ago