Aldi 4wd accessories - HID, Lightbar, Highlift jack

Forum > Tech talk, questions
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
24 Sep 2016

Hi guys,

I am interested to hear about your feedback/experience on Aldi 4wd accessories. I am looking at their 55W HID driving light for my wife's car.

Do you have experience on them? What are they like? 

If you have bought other Aldi 4wd accessories such as their highlift jack, recovery strap, light bar, I am interested to hear your experience. 

Thanks

Kelvin 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
25 Sep 2016

Those lights can be bought in a few places and cheaper than Aldi, recovery strapes, no way would I trust a no name cheap recovery strap, compressor I have 1 of theres and its awsome but the latest are a lot and more $$, winch I have and is awsome for what it cost, smashed through bog holes and rivers, recovered heaps of cars has never been pulled down and works every time I test / use it. touch wood.

Super centre have the cheapest lights, ring up Liilydale to check stock and just go down there to pick them up

Greg
Greg (Collie14)
25 Sep 2016

Those lights can be bought in a few places and cheaper than Aldi, recovery strapes, no way would I trust a no name cheap recovery strap, compressor I have 1 of theres and its awsome but the latest are a lot and more $$, winch I have and is......

I got a generator and solar panels from Aldi. Works great. Some things I'm a bit sceptical about but most seem to get the job done.   

Hi Kelvin.
Have a look at ebsy for the led lights which are around $200 mark.
Draw a lot less current and while they won't shone 2km down the road they give plenty of light as far as you need at high speed..

Hi Kelvin.
I think those lights are $200. You can get the exact same ones on ebay for about $120-130. Just ebay search HID 7" lights or HID 4x4 55w lights. I had a set on my last patrol and they were great. I would go to 100w next time for only a little more money. I have LED now light bar and spots now and want to go back do HID spots. The ALDI light bar is also much cheaper on ebay. Just search length ie. 23" LED light bar.

I have the ALDI compressor and its great. The only thing wrong with mine is the psi gauge is out. When the gauge says 48psi i know the tyre is about 38psi.

James

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
25 Sep 2016

Hi lift, several straps, mud trax and other bits and pieces. All top quality product usually from same factory as big name brands but imported as Aldi brand OEM at a lower margin. I wanted the lights but don't need the flood, wanted 2 spot beams.

Leppy (Mick Lepp)
25 Sep 2016

Those lights can be bought in a few places and cheaper than Aldi, recovery strapes, no way would I trust a no name cheap recovery strap, compressor I have 1 of theres and its awsome but the latest are a lot and more $$, winch I have and is......

Whilst I don't have any Aldi 4 x 4 stuff, I find other tools they have which I've bought good quality for the price. I'm would have thought snatch straps are rated as per ASS so would be fine to use. If you put your trust in their winch, why would you not trust their straps?

As far as lights go, just because they look the same doesn't mean they are. Plenty of rip-offs out there that use inferior parts. I personally would take Aldi stuff over some EBay cheapie. If your going to go cheap option, you'd pay little, so if they're crap you just chuck them. Or spend more for something that will ultimately last. You get what you pay for.  That's my 2 bobs worth

Don (Maddon)
25 Sep 2016

i got some aldi stuff - the ramps are ok and the cb radio has been very good as is the compressor but the awning i sent back as the poles failed after very little use - still would trust them over ebay but the supercenter would be a great alternative- their service is good