Super centre awning tents

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
24 Sep 2016

just a thought, but why? if its not pissing down with rain and blowing a gail why do you need it and if the weather is that bad you do need it would it stand up to it and would it be worth setting up and packing up?

But then again I can't even see the point in an awning...

I have to agree about an awning, I've always thought they were pretty pointless . .................. Then I got an email from 4wdsupastore with one for $99 so I bought it, will see how it goes

then there is those huge swags and this tent that attaches to your awning , why don't you just use an instant tent?don't get me started :)

Haha that might start something

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Over the years I have learned a lot of things, that's because I have sought opinions and listened, tried things for myself, and came to a conclusion. Sometimes it's been an old timer, sometimes it's been someone half my age, I never......

BAHAHAHAHA all I did was mention my thoughts and observations and once again you have taken some sort of personal offence and had to resort to belittling comments, you are a very fun  man.

I wont even bother going into my first hand experiances over 20 years of camping as you may find them offensive as well

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
24 Sep 2016

Mark, I can't vouch for or against but they do have them set up at supercentre Lilydale go take a look see before you buy... 

()
24 Sep 2016

Poor old rooster, did I upset you again mate?

()
24 Sep 2016

Mark, I can't vouch for or against but they do have them set up at supercentre Lilydale go take a look see before you buy... 

Thanks Andrew, I didn't know that.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Sep 2016

na mate not upset at all, haveing a great day, how about you? had a look at the awning tent yet?

How long would it take to pull out the awning peg it down and set up the tent?

Can it be done by someone on their own?

Just curious, just wondering if I can fit some hens in one ?????

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
24 Sep 2016

Ill give u a demo next weekend if u like matt. Bring all the hens u like.

()
24 Sep 2016

Thanks Daniel, perhaps someone helpful could do a video for us all while you set it up.

Cheers Mark

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
25 Sep 2016

Ill give u a demo next weekend if u like matt. Bring all the hens u like.

That would be awsome, how many hens do you think would be enough? laugh

No hen video for you Mark, only the top roosters get the henscryingsmiley

()
25 Sep 2016

Time to put the big boy pants on and grow up a bit mate.

()
14 Oct 2016

I have one of these but it's never come out of the bag yet , haha . I also got the awning wall too . 

I paid $170 for the 2.5x2.5 awning and $350 for the 2.5x2.5 awning tent and $49 for the awning wall last December.

The awning tent bag is 58x30x30 in volume . Weighs like 11kg

Today you can get the awning for $99 & the other things are probably cheaper too . All I can say is the Kings camping gear is of good quality . That awning bashed into so many tree branches and the pvc cover hasn't torn yet . The awning tent would add weight to the awning and I recommend better guy rope and peg system if used in windy locations . Don't forget to buy sand bag pole holders too:) if camping around sandy areas.

The additional work to take down the tent each day before 4wdriving may add some packing up time.

()
14 Oct 2016

() wrote:

Over the years I have learned a lot of things, that's because I have sought opinions and listened, tried things for myself, and came to a conclusion. Sometimes it's been an old timer, sometimes it's been someone half my age, I never......

The reason I bought mine was to cater for the family who have decided that camping was too hard . 

Now I think it will make a good kitchen or drinking room when it rains :)

()
15 Oct 2016

Thanks, Steve,

pull the bloody thing out and use it mate, and let us know what you think of it.

I'm happy with my swag, but like you when bringing women along that like to be looked after I was wondering how useful/easy this is.

Unless you want to get really pissed off don't check their current pricing, like a lot of their gear it's come down a lot.

A friend bought a solar panel that still hasn't been delivered for $250, and has seen them having specials as low as $199 recently.

That's annoying!!!!

()
15 Oct 2016

() wrote:

Thanks, Steve,

pull the bloody thing out and use it mate, and let us know what you think of it.

I'm happy with my swag, but like you when bringing women along that like to be looked after I was wondering how useful/eas......

Well , I will test it out on the next trip I guess . I normally take a kings double swag or a 4Person high dome tent (Summer/Spring Tent) that has been with me for like 12 years . I will take both in case . 

The Kings double swag is very comfortable but it's such a big package once packed (the mattress mostly creates the volume) . I am not a fan of stretchers as I have fallen out of  one :) single swag tent and all  . The claustrophobia inside those single swag tents -  there isn't much room . 

()
15 Oct 2016

Hey Mark pull what out ?

Today , I was cutting tree stumps at the  woman's house - surely they are already putting me to work :)

She made me work hard - I am like totally exhausted .

Previous   1 2 3   Next