()
23 Sep 2016

We can always rely on you Gazz.

()
23 Sep 2016

Message deleted by the author.

()
23 Sep 2016

A stretcher might be a better idea mate!

Alex would like it, plenty of room for cans!

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
23 Sep 2016

I got one. Used it once. And love it. So much room. Might be careful in strong winds. It could bend the awning arms as they are fairly fragile anyway. Other than that it is great.

()
23 Sep 2016

Thanks Dan, yeah I was thinking it would be a turd in high winds, my metal framed coleman tent is actually really good on a windy night, It went through a full on thunderstorm one night and it shook about a bit, but it was fine. Cconsidering the ease of setup this looks like a good option if the night looks calm. Not having a frame it looks like it would pack up nice and small, so you could easily pack this as well as the primary tent, and use this one if it was a calm night, due to the speedy setup and packup.

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
23 Sep 2016

Bout the size of a large sleeping bag. So i just keep it in the jeep all the time.

()
23 Sep 2016

Excellent, thanks for the feedback!

Cheers Mark

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
23 Sep 2016

just a thought, but why? if its not pissing down with rain and blowing a gail why do you need it and if the weather is that bad you do need it would it stand up to it and would it be worth setting up and packing up?

But then again I can't even see the point in an awning...

()
23 Sep 2016

just a thought, but why? if its not pissing down with rain and blowing a gail why do you need it and if the weather is that bad you do need it would it stand up to it and would it be worth setting up and packing up?

But then again I can't even see the point in an awning...

Ahh my good mate Disco,

1 Mozzies

2 March flies

3 Wife

If you combine all three you are in the shit.

If you have a nice summer night this looks like a nice quick option (and packs up small), if the weather looks like crap then set up your proper tent that can handle a storm.

BTW awnings are great they protect you from God doing wee wee on you while you are having a can, or from the sun scorching the living shit out of white skin.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Sep 2016

yep fair points Mark, we have been away camping for years and an heaps of occassions seen people set up the mozzie / fly / sun tents and have always had bit of a giggle to ourselfs....

Stay at a hotel if nature disturbs you that much...

We have hats and trees for shade, a fire to keep warm and the mozzies away, sun block and insect repelant, the only thing we found lacking on the last long holiday was a hat with a fly net on it to keep the buggers off your face.

I guess it just shows me how lucky I am to have such a fantastic wife!!

()
24 Sep 2016

I wasn't intending it to be something you sat in all day, just for somewhere to sleep.

Where do you sleep Matt under a tree, under a rock maybe?

Like I said this looks like a roomy quick option if the weather is calm.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Sep 2016

Na mate don't find rocks very comfortable, we have a centre pole tent which takes up naf all room and sets up in about 2 minutes and a fully equiped off road camper for touring or extended holidays.

I know plenty of people that are going away from the awning "fad" due to there short commings thats all, just put the question out there and nothing personally directed at you, if you want an awning with a room attached to put your swag in go for it, each to there own

()
24 Sep 2016

Over the years I have learned a lot of things, that's because I have sought opinions and listened, tried things for myself, and came to a conclusion. Sometimes it's been an old timer, sometimes it's been someone half my age, I never assume my way is right, or the best.

I have the philosophy that if someone has a better/faster/easier way of doing something then I'm all ears. 

So I'd like to hear from people who have first-hand experience with this, if it's crap for x,x,x or x reason let me know what you do or don't like about it.

Having a cocky rooster strutting around telling me how good his way is wasn't what I was looking for.

1 2 3   Next