Waeco Cool-Ice iceboxes - Any good?

Forum > General Discussion
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
29 Oct 2014

Looking to get a Waeco Cool-Ice iceboxes

Has anyone used it before and what are they like? 

It's definitely a viable option to a fridge which will set you back a few hundred dollars. 

Interested to know if they can really keep things cold up to 5 days. 

David
David (Paul Patrol)
04 Nov 2014

Hi mate. I won mine & it's awesome. Pre ice it before your trip (cool it's guts before you need it) & I get 5 days out of it. Party ice is no good. Freez water in old soft drink bottles is best.

i use car fridge as well for me food & ice box for nice cold drinks. You're welc to borrow mine to test before you spend your hard earned first if you like mate?

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
05 Nov 2014

Hi mate. I won mine & it's awesome. Pre ice it before your trip (cool it's guts before you need it) & I get 5 days out of it. Party ice is no good. Freez water in old soft drink bottles is best.

i use car fridge as we......

Hey mate, thanks for the info and offer. It's good to hear your first-hand experience on the ice-box. I've seen it in action in my last trip to Little Desert Trip. Someone brought it along with them for 5 days. I will definitely get one of them! Cheers

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
08 Nov 2014

Who was that mate?

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
08 Nov 2014

Who was that mate?

Shannon in the zook

We've got a ice box as well and the tip to not use the party ice is a good one! If you need to use a bag of ice...leave the ice in the bag.

For longer trips we love the combo of a fridge/freezer and a ice box!

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
10 Nov 2014

Kelvin get down to Techni-ice in Frankston,excellent ice boxes ,you won't be sorry I have an 80 liter and used it on every trip before I got the fridge.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
10 Nov 2014

We've got a ice box as well and the tip to not use the party ice is a good one! If you need to use a bag of ice...leave the ice in the bag.

For longer trips we love the combo of a fridge/freezer and a ice box!

Thanks for advice Jack/Mien.... 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
10 Nov 2014

Kelvin get down to Techni-ice in Frankston,excellent ice boxes ,you won't be sorry I have an 80 liter and used it on every trip before I got the fridge.

Thanks Al, I have never heard of Techni-ice at Frankston until now. I will definitely check it out..... 

Maciek
Maciek (CHUUBZ)
16 Nov 2014

I have 3 techni ice boxes and wouldn't buy one again, as soon as you leave it in the sun the thing warps and now the lid doesn't seal properly. I'll be giving the Waeco box a go next.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
18 Nov 2014

the best ice box / esky is the fibre glass eva cool, we have a 120 l. that we used when camping before we got the camper trailer and fridges.

3 blocks of ice, crushed is useless, and a wet lillo over the top and the ice would last up to 5 days in 35 degree heat, we have even frozen things in the bottem of the esky when on some occasions we berried it half way in the sand.

Techni ice is not even close to eva cool

Adam (aiwoz)
12 Feb 2015

Blood oath there good, Ray's are doing deals this weekend, my only negative is they hurt when you stagger into the corners whilst ever so slightly unsteady on your feet.wink

The 40L will keep a block of xxxx cold for the week, I use a small amount of dry ice on the bottom first and frozen water bottles, not to many though you have to prioritise and have fun working out the correct beer/bottle ratio.