Woods Point walk back in time

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
23 Sep 2016

Anyone up for a camping night at Woods Point, probably early in the new year?  

Would like to leave a truck at the Woods Point Hilton out the back of Comet Flat, drive up the top of Webster Spur track, walk down to the waterwheel and ruins, then out along the creek, pick up the truck at the Hilton and drive back up Johnson Hill track to Webster Spur, pick up the other truck or trucks depending how many want to go.

Camp the night at Comet Flat or similar, drink beer around campfire then head out using Violet Town track and Casper Creek track the next morning.  So not a lot of 4WD'ing just a poke around and explore, then drink beer. 

()
23 Sep 2016

Sounds good mate, if I get a leave pass.

()
23 Sep 2016

If you were feeling really fit you could have a look at the leichardt gold battery, anyone seen that before?

(top end of the old abbot ck tk)

Edit, just found a pic, looks pretty rooted now.

http://vhd.heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au/places/6057

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
23 Sep 2016

Yeah that looks a bit shagged but I'd be up for a stroll.  Motortbikes still look like they access Abbott creek track as there's single wheel mark over the bulldozer hump and gully.  Take a few travellers and a Mars bar and I could walk all day.  Well, at least 20 minutes....   If it's at the bottom of the gully it's not far and not steep.  It's only steep going OUT the other side which is why they closed it.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
24 Sep 2016

Hi Alex 

just fyi... you can also use 4wdtrip to organize your walking trip. I am actually using it for my hiking trip next month.

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
24 Sep 2016

I would be up for it, i'll ask the missus if she wants to come with.

Darrell
Darrell (Flexit)
24 Sep 2016

Sounds good 

Sounds good to me

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
24 Sep 2016

Sounds good to me

sounds like fun.. think you will get heaps Interested 

Freya (Sparkles)
24 Sep 2016

Hi Alex 

just fyi... you can also use 4wdtrip to organize your walking trip. I am actually using it for my hiking trip next month.

Hi Kelvin

What is the hiking trip you are organising?

Cheers

Freya

You making Jelly shots?

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
24 Sep 2016

You making Jelly shots?

I'm hoping if we save you a spot........πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜œπŸ˜ŽπŸ€“πŸ˜€πŸ˜„πŸ‘Œ

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
24 Sep 2016

Good oh sounds like we've got a few interested bods as soon as I know when work is closing for Xmas - they haven't posted the dates yet- I'll post it up here as kelvin is ok with a walking trip getting posted. We'll still have some 4x4 tracks but it will be an overnighter with some time around the fire recovering from that thing they call walking.. Cheers and thanks for the interest.

()
24 Sep 2016

I can't find much info on the old town of Wyeton, it looks like about 1km from the hilton.

I'll see if I can have a look next week.

Andrew
Andrew (my truck)
24 Sep 2016

I'm in say when I m thereπŸ™ƒ

1 2   Next