Croajingolong National Park

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations

Hello all,
Looking to go to Croajingolong National Park over new years with some friends, 
Was wondering if anyone here had some information on the area, like best places to camp, how to get there and what tracks are good to take suggestions,
We would be coming from albury/ wodonga which is on the border of NSW,

Thanks in advance, 

Hi guys, I live down that way and sadly "National Park" sums it up.   There aren't a lot of 4WD tracks available in there.   Lots of 2WD gravel roads, but most of the off road stuff is locked up "management vehicles only".  Places to camp, if you want powered sites there are caravan parks at Mallacoota, Bemm River and Conran.   If you want to go bush camping with pit toilets and limited water, Tamboon - Peach tree creek is nice and so are "the slips" opposite Marlo.  Wingan inlet and the Thurra and Mueller river at Point Hicks are great as well.   All of these have good access to either a beach or an estuary lake.   A few good tracks to be had in the hills on the north of the highway, but south of the highway access is fairly well restricted.   Still lots to see and do, just typical fenced in, fenced out parks mentality.  Enjoy.   

Daniel
Daniel (bigdan91)
01 Sep 2016

Hi guys, I live down that way and sadly "National Park" sums it up.   There aren't a lot of 4WD tracks available in there.   Lots of 2WD gravel roads, but most of the off road stuff is locked up "management vehicles......

Are there any good tracks around mallacoota? I've had a look on rooftop maps and it seems like a few could be interesting?

I spent last new years in Mallacoota, most of the tracks in the area are pretty much 2wd. beautiful place but very busy too most campsites run a ballot so now is the time to book a site.. there looked to be some good tracks inland of the hwy on the NSW side of the border but i didnt get in there. 

the lookout at Genoa Peak is worth the climb if you go, we also drove in to cape horn (north side of the inlet) one day for lunch, great spot.

not really what i'd call a 4WD destination but certainly worth the drive if you havent been before.

Jeremy