A 2nd pre Xmas gathering. Dec 8th - 11th. (cancelled)

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3   Next

()
05 Sep 2016

Mark, have had to change the date, so hopefully there still might be some interest; if not no big deal. Thanks for offer of tents etc, as I know your dislike for Skipworth, but by commencing the trip on the Thursday and a numb......

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Allan, if you hog up the available spaces you can reserve it for your group.

Matt, every time I have looked at that camp ground it has been feral, worse than o'tooles by ten fold, maybe I was just unlucky the times I looked at it, but the publican at the kevington hotel agreed with me.

Twelve mile campground down the road, maybe 15 min on the dirt road seems to weed out the road car ferals, it's a nice big spot too.

()
06 Sep 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
06 Sep 2016

WTF some big assumptions there, get out of bed on the wrong side did we...

()
06 Sep 2016

()
06 Sep 2016

()
06 Sep 2016

Sounds like you were really keen to go on this one Garry, maybe not all is lost.

Who else is still keen on the same weekend as Kelvins?

And who is keen to lead day runs?

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
06 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Sounds like you were really keen to go on this one Garry, maybe not all is lost.

Mark, if some prefer the same weekend as Kelvin's trip you might want to run it camping at 12 mile campground. Agree, it is quite a nice campground but imo no where as good as Skipworth. Anyway, food for thought.

As I said earlier, my date is probably too close to xmas for many as well as some wanting to catch up with Kelvin's group for the big photo shoot.

Trav (dungarover)
07 Sep 2016

Either weekend doesn't bother me just work get a bit busy with Christmas around the corner. Everyone wants there plastering done before Christmasis the issue for me (gives some of the other trades jobs to do if they don't go away over the Christmas break). Never been to Skipworth but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Trav

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
07 Sep 2016

At this stage I am good for either weekend however do like the idea of having a massive photo shoot at Lake Elidon with Kelvin's group.

I took my Dad away this Fathers Day just gone, we stayed at Skipworth Reserve, I can see that on some weekends it would get crowded but we basically had the place to ourselves.

As I have previously said happy to be a trip leader. On Sunday I did an awesome loop from Skipworth to Woods Point and back. The loop could cater for all ratings, a few really nice challenging sections of track that can be played on.

Don Clark
Don Clark (kmdc)
07 Sep 2016

() wrote:

As mentioned in my earlier response, would love to go on this trip. Not that confident I could lead a trip at this stage.

Regards, Don C...

()
07 Sep 2016

Well there hasn't been a massive response and mostly everyone is OK with Allan's dates anyway, so I'll leave it with Allan, it's only a week later, and you'll be much much better off with him leading.

Paul Weaver
Paul Weaver (PDB4800)
07 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Well there hasn't been a massive response and mostly everyone is OK with Allan's dates anyway, so I'll leave it with Allan, it's only a week later, and you'll be much much better off with him leading.

COUNT ME OUT CANT MAKE IT THAT WEEKEND  WORK BREAK UP WEEKEND BEFORE WOULD HAVE BEEN OK

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Sep 2016

We are OK for that weekend and like you Allan didn't want to do the previouse weekend due to the final round of the V8 supercar season which the way the season is shaping up could be a deciding round, I wonder how many others have not realised this and will pull out??

()
07 Sep 2016

COUNT ME OUT CANT MAKE IT THAT WEEKEND  WORK BREAK UP WEEKEND BEFORE WOULD HAVE BEEN OK

Sorry Paul, there just wasn't a big enough response, keep an eye on Kelvins trip, it's a long way off so there is bound to be a few pull out, just keep checking it and be ready to pounce.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
07 Sep 2016

We are OK for that weekend and like you Allan didn't want to do the previouse weekend due to the final round of the V8 supercar season which the way the season is shaping up could be a deciding round, I wonder how many others have not realised this and will pull out??

Matt, that was my 'personal reason' for changing the date...... blush.  Not alot of interest, so think I will probably not go ahead with the trip.

Previous   1 2 3   Next