A 2nd pre Xmas gathering. Dec 8th - 11th. (cancelled)

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2 3   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 Aug 2016

UPDATE: Proposed trip cancelled due to big response for Kelvin's 2nd group on his Pre Xmas Gathering and no point running a 3rd similar type trip.

As Kelvin's trip filled so quickly resulting in some members being dissapointed at missing out, I am wondering if there are any members interested in attending a similar type trip. It was originally planned to be on the same weekend as Kelvin's trip, but have had to change date for personal reasons. Details and pre requisites unchanged and are as follows;

ARRIVAL DATE:                                         Thursday arvo Dec 8th or Friday Dec 9th..

LOCATION:                                                Skipworth Reserve Jamieson.

NO. OF VEHICLES:                                     20

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS:                        Basic recovery gear, UHF radio and A/T tyres as a minimum.

TRIP INFORMATION.

Skipworth Reserve is located 7 klms past the Jamieson township on the Mansfield/Woods Point Rd (sealed road access). It has 6 pit toilets, numerous firepits & picnic tables and can comfortably cater for 40+ vehicles and all types of camper trailers/caravans.

4WD tracks range from easy to hard that will cater for everyone. Plan is to run various trips that will include Craigs, Frys & Bindaree Huts and for the more adventerous, tracks like Lyrebird, Brewery etc, IF I can get a few trip leaders to lead some trips.

As Skipworth is a free campground, it does get busy on weekends so if you want to take part in this weekend, you MUST be committed to arriving Thursday night or Friday  MIDDAY at the latest to ensure you get a campsite. It is right on the Goulburn river so those who like fishing can 'throw in a line'. If some dont want to go 4wding, plenty of other attractions close by such as Jamieson Brewery, Woods Point and Lake Eildon.

This trip is planned as a 'family friendly' weekend, so bring your partners/children (no pets) but if you want to play loud 'doof doof' music and spend all night swearing etc please do not express interest in this trip.

BTW, if there are some who dont like camping, there are cabins available at Jamieson Caravan Park.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 Sep 2016

Looks like a good plan mate. I think you can post the trip considering so many people in my waiting list. 

Also, I am thinking to get everyone together including your group, and to take a massive photo shot at Lake Eildon. There is a perfect spot just right next to the dam that can easily fit 50+ cars. If we have 40+ cars turn out, it would be awesome. Let say, if your group can travel to Eildon via Eildon-Jamieson Rd (1.5 hrs) meet up say 11-12pm on Sunday...... 

Brett
Brett (Koenandaxton)
01 Sep 2016

I would b down for that mate, I was spewin I missed Kevin's trip

()
01 Sep 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Looks like a good plan mate. I think you can post the trip considering so many people in my waiting list. 

Also, I am thinking to get everyone together including your group, and to take a massive photo shot at Lake Eildon. There......

Re; massive photo shoot, I'd get my drone out for that shot

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
01 Sep 2016

Happy to lead a medium or hard trip for you.

Don Clark
Don Clark (kmdc)
01 Sep 2016

Hi Allan,

You are right Kelvin's trip went off soooo quick. I'm up for your suggested trip so if it 'get's up' count me in.

Regards, Don Clark Mem 414.

Paul Weaver
Paul Weaver (PDB4800)
01 Sep 2016

Sounds great

I am definately a starter for a second trip

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
01 Sep 2016

I'll be there if the wife has the weekend off.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
01 Sep 2016

bugger cant do that weekend we have stuff on

Trav (dungarover)
01 Sep 2016

Definatley be interested in this, I was keen on the other one but by the time I logged into the site it was full.

Trav

Definetly intersted.

()
05 Sep 2016

Good old slugworth campground hey?

Just an idea if you get a few people come on the thursday, you could set up a few old spare tents to tie up and "reserve" the area.

I have a couple you could borrow.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
05 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Good old slugworth campground hey?

Just an idea if you get a few people come on the thursday, you could set up a few old spare tents to tie up and "reserve" the area.

I have a couple you could borrow.

Mark, have had to change the date, so hopefully there still might be some interest; if not no big deal. Thanks for offer of tents etc, as I know your dislike for Skipworth, but by commencing the trip on the Thursday and a number being able to arrive that arvo/evening or Friday morning, it might discourage some of the 'riff raff' from camping there....wink. I would also ask Kelvin, (very nicely) if I could borrow the 4wdtrips banner which I would hope would influence others to find an alternative campsite. Anyway, we will just see if there is enough interest, but I guess for many it will be getting too close to Xmas.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Sep 2016

How could you not like Skipworth??? Its an awsome spot for a base camp and have never had any issue there with A holes making life hard. Close to town for supplies, easy access for camper trailers and vans, river access and great tracks ranging from easy to extreem all close as well.

Whats not to like ??

Anyway, awesome with a date change we are in for sure

1 2 3   Next