Kevin
Kevin (Kev)
24 Aug 2016

My Family and I are doing a Lap of Tassie for 3 weeks around Mebourne cup time and are looking for others to join us.
We may be able to cater if you want to join us for a specific part of Tassie ( im looking forward to doing Balfour and Climes and the west coast!) 

We are leaving on 21st Oct and Returning 6th November ,

Anyone keen on checking out Tassie?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Aug 2016

Tassie is on the bucket list for sure and so is the west coast with all the iconic tracks but not that time of year...

will be waiting for warmer weather and less water on Balfour...

Have fun and enjoy your trip!!

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Aug 2016

Looks like an awesome trip. I have been to Tassie twice but never try 4wding over there. It's definitely in my bucket list. Unfortunately it's not on school holiday period so i will have to give this a miss. Just chked your profile will you have a winch for this trip? If you plan to do Balfour it will be a real challenge.

Kevin
Kevin (Kev)
25 Aug 2016

Looks like an awesome trip. I have been to Tassie twice but never try 4wding over there. It's definitely in my bucket list. Unfortunately it's not on school holiday period so i will have to give this a miss. Just chked your profile will you have a wi......
I will have a winch by then.
I have been waiting 3 months so far for my rhino bar for the ranger and at ths stage it is getting fitted on the 31st of this month. I am still in the process of choosing which winch to get.

()
25 Aug 2016

Looks like an awesome trip. I have been to Tassie twice but never try 4wding over there. It's definitely in my bucket list. Unfortunately it's not on school holiday period so i will have to give this a miss. Just chked your profile will you have a wi......

By the looks of balfour track you need a tree as well.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 Aug 2016

() wrote:

By the looks of balfour track you need a tree as well.

None to winch off, that is why you need at least one other vehicle with you.

()
25 Aug 2016

None to winch off, that is why you need at least one other vehicle with you.

Yeah that's my point, there's no way you would do that track by yourself with so much water, stupidity to do it alone.

Kevin
Kevin (Kev)
25 Aug 2016

() wrote:

Yeah that's my point, there's no way you would do that track by yourself with so much water, stupidity to do it alone.

I havent gone into every detail of the trip on here yet but I am experienced and i plan on having at least front winch on before the trip and possibly front and rear and will be taking multiple recovery methods including ground anchor and approx 150M of straps/rope etc .
Ideally i can get more than one car as my first option which is the whole point to posting the trip on here and failing that im looking into tasmanian clubs that may be running trips or have cars over there to convoy with.

Travelling alone on these harder tracks is the last resort however if prepared enough then it can still be an option.

Thanks for the concern