Oodnadatta Track & Dalhousie Springs.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
15 Oct 2014

Time to do one of Australia's 'Must Do' tracks. The Oodnadatta Track is one of those iconic tracks that Australia is famous for and as 4wd'ers it's time to start making plans to drive this track. Rich in history and character the track starts at 'The Pink Roadhouse' and heads Nth west 620kms to the township of Oodnadatta. Along the way the track skirts Lake Eyre, natural springs, old historic landmarks and some of the most picturesque country side our country is famous for.  From there it's just a short drive to Dalhousie Spring where the natural spring water is a constant 38 degrees. Imagine floating around in a really big bath on dusk looking up as the trillion stars come out, another priverlage us 4wd'er have over them city folk.

So how about it! What excuse will you use not to go......

Thinking of running this trip for sometime in 2015 on school holidays so as all the family can come along and the trip won't be rushed. Open to camper trailers also. As this is a largish sized trip anyone that signs up to join will be asked to attend 1 or 2 pre-trip meeting to meet everyone and to organise the trip.

So who's up for it....

Tim
Tim (Timmz)
15 Oct 2014

What time of year would you be looking at?

Gary
Gary (poppyg)
15 Oct 2014

What time of year would you be looking at?

I'll be in that is there school holidays in June or July

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
15 Oct 2014

I so would love to do this trip but im not sure if Tracy is up for it yet.

But im definatly intrested in such an epic & iconic trip..

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
15 Oct 2014

For me June/ July is out at this stage as I'm off to do the Cape. Thinking more March / April or Sep / Oct.

David
David (Paul Patrol)
15 Oct 2014

Yes please!!! Count me in.

Gary
Gary (poppyg)
15 Oct 2014

For me June/ July is out at this stage as I'm off to do the Cape. Thinking more March / April or Sep / Oct.

Isn't march to hot April is ok or September up to you for school holidays

Yes I would be interested, just depends on when and workload!!

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
15 Oct 2014

I was just doing some googoling & it is reconed the best time of the year is in the winter months as it can get very hot during summer.

Gary
Gary (poppyg)
15 Oct 2014

I was just doing some googoling & it is reconed the best time of the year is in the winter months as it can get very hot during summer.

Rob you mean very very very very hot in summer

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
15 Oct 2014

Rob you mean very very very very hot in summer

Yeah thats what i mean, Stinking HOT

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
16 Oct 2014

Yep, damm hot. That way I was thinking late March early April school holidays when the days are still warm but the night will be warm too, or September'ish when the days are cooler but the nights will be damm cold.

i am interested depends on the dates and how many days

regards greg

back only 2 weeks from simpson desert tag a long trip, track from Hamilton to Dalhousie , Dalhousie to Mount Dare was unbelevely rough. but dalhousie springs fantastic.

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
17 Oct 2014

Wow, got any pix?

1 2   Next