Burgoynes track, Licola/glenmaggie area

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

Hey team, I am heading to do Burgoynes track/area this weekend 20/21 August. Wondering if anyone is keen to tag along this is a family friendly trip as I will be bringing my Kids and partner and potentially my two dogs as well. tracks are easy/intermediate rating. Just getting a general idea if there is any interest

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
15 Aug 2016

We are interested [my son and 1].

My son wants to know how old your kids are? :) 

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

We are interested [my son and 1].

My son wants to know how old your kids are? :) 

Kids are 6/7 and 10/11 plus two staffs 8 months and 10months old

Hi there,

​Which part of Burgoynes are you doing?  Just a heads up we were up there at the weekend and did the left hand side of the track as you are heading to Licola.  You won't get up there without at least on locker.  I definitely would not rate it easy/intermediate atm.  More like difficult to very difficult.

It has been pretty chopped up and the river is not passable when you get down to it atm as it was up and running very quickly.  Not sure what the other side of the track is like as we did not do it.

Ryan
Ryan (Mac)
15 Aug 2016

Might see you out there, we are going over the mountains towards Dargo.

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

Hi there,

​Which part of Burgoynes are you doing?  Just a heads up we were up there at the weekend and did the left hand side of the track as you are heading to Licola.  You won't get up there without at least ......

Start point maybe Licola heading east along Burgoynes, but weather/track dependant we will see, not going to do anything to outrageous/dangerous or hard, keep it witching everyone's capabilities/ vehicle ability

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

Start point maybe Licola heading east along Burgoynes, but weather/track dependant we will see, not going to do anything to outrageous/dangerous or hard, keep it witching everyone's capabilities/ vehicle ability

Basically a drive, a 4wd and camping 

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

Ryan (Mac) wrote:

Might see you out there, we are going over the mountains towards Dargo.

How long is your trip planned to take?, one day I'll do that trip

Ryan
Ryan (Mac)
15 Aug 2016

How long is your trip planned to take?, one day I'll do that trip

We are camping out on Friday night near Licola then spending Saturday and Sunday out there

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
15 Aug 2016

Burgoyne's easy/medium? It's pretty challenging from what I've heard and seen.

Burgoyne's easy/medium? It's pretty challenging from what I've heard and seen.

There are some nice easy to medium tracks in the area but Burgoyne's is not one of them.  It is an iconic track for a reason.  We had two cars without lockers, an 80 series and a GU Patrol and niether could make it.  They tried but ended up parking and coming up with the rest of us with lockers.  We had a great day Sunday along the Avon River Road area.  Check it out here for a family friendly but still exciting enough drive http://www.visitmelbourne.com/Regions/Gippsland/Things-to-do/Outdoor-activities/Four-wheel-drive/Avon-Wilderness-Four-Wheel-Drive.aspx

hope you have a great time.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
15 Aug 2016

There are some nice easy to medium tracks in the area but Burgoyne's is not one of them.  It is an iconic track for a reason.  We had two cars without lockers, an 80 series and a GU Patrol and niether could make it.  They tri......

Avon area is beautiful.

I'm about to get front locker installed in the FJ so Burgoyne's is on my list.

Avon area is beautiful.

I'm about to get front locker installed in the FJ so Burgoyne's is on my list.

It is a cool track and well worth the effort.  Short and sharp.  Like a mini Billy Goat's.  The FJ will go up easy with a front locker.  Burgoyne's proves you dont have to be 160km/h to get the heart racing :-)  One of the local's who came up with me said he hadn't seen it this rough since he was a young bloke.

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
15 Aug 2016

It is a cool track and well worth the effort.  Short and sharp.  Like a mini Billy Goat's.  The FJ will go up easy with a front locker.  Burgoyne's proves you dont have to be 160km/h to get the heart racing :-) ......

I've done a fair bit of driving through the Avon Wilderness. It's a great area and just south of Burgoynes. there are a few crossings of the Avon River which might be interesting, good camping too. Could be an aternative. Dogs ok. 

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

Burgoynes is an awesome track, I remember when I first conquered it in the standard triton, however driver ability is key, I am keen to see what other tracks are out there around the licola rd area.

1 2   Next