Toolangi to Healsville

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4
Eli
Eli (Triton Noob)
16 Aug 2016

Hi Eli
Not to rain on your parade mate but i suggest perhaps look at the easy to medium options for trips given you have a stock vehicle.

I believe minimum requirements for a medium to hard trip will be a set of all terrains some ......

Your idea George sounds great and I'm certainly interested. I did some really hard tracks at the beginning of the year at Lithgow nsw with a very experienced bunch of enthusiast and my stock triton did alright. Since moving to vic I have been hanging to get out as the bush down here is amazing.

I certainly want to learn to crawl before I walk though so if there is any opportunities that come up even as a passenger please let me know.

Eli

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
16 Aug 2016

Your idea George sounds great and I'm certainly interested. I did some really hard tracks at the beginning of the year at Lithgow nsw with a very experienced bunch of enthusiast and my stock triton did alright. Since moving to vic I have be......

No problem mate i am more than happy to assist you with plenty of pointers with the triton.
I know those vehicle's back to front amd if you're looking for a dual cab ifs rig that can keep up with 35 inch pootrols and cruisers that are twin locked you've got the roght rig for it.

Set up correctly they will go everywhere.

As for nsw wheeling i have done a fair bit of stuff up their including litgow spanish steps lost city wattagans stockton central and coffs coast monkey gum fire trail and a few others .

Happy to help you where i can mate with the car and on the track.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
16 Aug 2016

Was up toolangi way today for a reccy trip.
Did rocky straight up and just as an fyi i didnt know there was 3 tracks for it as i only knew the left one (meaning the centre as i didmt know there was a track on the left too)

For those that say toolangi is easy really need to rethink how you grade your tracks.
Yes i walked up it like a walk in the park but people need to understand that those that say this may be experienced wheelers and most probably like me have some tyoe of traction aid working in their favor.
There is a difference between saying the track is hard and your car made it up easy...
Rocky should not be called an easy track.
Definitely a hard track and should only be tackled by well equipped vehicles

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
16 Aug 2016

not wrong, try the hard line up Rocky and it is really interesting, last time I tried it a Paj with 3inch lift, 34's locked front and rear he ended up breaking everything and limped home with drive to one wheel, definatly not a track to take lightly and anyone who says its easy is talking themself up

Previous   1 2 3 4