Toolangi to Healsville

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4   Next
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
15 Aug 2016

Why not Mark? No lockers in my car...

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

Sounds awesome mate, I've never been up that way so don't know much about the tracks and what to expext.... but yeah shes a manual and haven't had it out with the new shoes so keen to test them out :)
Sounds good mate happy to see gow she fairs up for you.
Rocky track shouldnt be a problem. With twin lockers you'll walk up it.
Its "walking track" i will be a little concerned about.
Done it a few times myself but the very first time i ever did it twin locked i still copped about 4 grand damage.
My rear leaf blocks collapsed, rotated my diff a full 90 degrees, pushed it hard up against the front of my rear guards, severed my brake and abs lines and the axle was literally not attached to the car.

I did this track after i got the crawler gears a good 10 times since in the triton and it purred up it every single time without an issue.

The vehicle i now have is the car that came and recovered me that very first time, he drove up it like he was driving down bourke st in the city lol , he informed me later he didnt even put his pressures down.... so when i heard his car was for sale i had to buy it ;)

Dennis (Dennis)
15 Aug 2016

None in mine either. Did it in a 105 series with 265 tyres and 2 inch lift. 20 psi in tyres. Bumpy ride. Only stuck once. Rolled back 2 metres, changed line and went again. Never bottomed out. Never felt like it would topple. Great fun track that I reckon most stock 4wds could get up

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

Out of interest, i will be heading up to Toolangi this weekend and have Rockey track on the cards.

When you say the three options, left right and the centre (are these from the top coming down, or vise versa).

Rocky , blowhard, cockpit, aeroplane track all good.
Can also avoid the bog holes as theres tracks around them

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
15 Aug 2016

cockpit, blowhard and airoplane are closed till cup weekend

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

OK lots of interest so will put a trip together, it will be a Saturday either 3/9 or 10/9 whats suits best?

3rd for me mate the earliest the better as the mrs is due mid october and dont want to be wheeling too close to when shes due.
If its possible
Cheers

()
15 Aug 2016

We all know the Ranger is a compromise vehicle, doesn't do anything excellently but most ok, the Landy is a proper 4WD.

And like yourself I use mine for work, I like easy stuff with a bit of medium chucked in, no repair bills at the end of my trips.

You knock your socks off with those tracks though.

Looking forward to the trip report.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

Rocky track (mind the language)

https://youtu.be/Qr246bJ67UQ

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

My favorite at toolangi....
The infamous walking track (east/red) depends who you ask its got 2 different names

https://youtu.be/tbghIpv2FG8

Shane
Shane (Shaggy)
15 Aug 2016

Add another Triton to the list, I'm keen for either weekend. 

()
16 Aug 2016

No lockers but you do have truetrack diffs, how are they when you lift a wheel though?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
16 Aug 2016

If I lift a wheel they are the same as an open diff, they need some pressure on both whels to work, this is where left foot braking comes into play, a skill that all 4wders need to master to get the most from a car unless its locked front and rear or has well set up traction control but even that needs to be driven correctly to get the most from it

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
16 Aug 2016

Will post the trip today

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
16 Aug 2016

Would be interested Matt, but wont commit as still not sure when I will get the Paj back. Am hopeful that it might be by the end of the month and if so the 10th would suit me best but again, doubtful if the car will be ready.....sad.

Am sure the trip will fill quickly.

()
16 Aug 2016

If I lift a wheel they are the same as an open diff, they need some pressure on both whels to work, this is where left foot braking comes into play, a skill that all 4wders need to master to get the most from a car unless its locked front and r......

It also only works with a working lsd.

Previous   1 2 3 4   Next