Toolangi to Healsville

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2 3 4   Next
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
15 Aug 2016

Who and how many would be interested in a medium/hard trip in a few weeks time ??

Looking at doing Rocky track, Lyndells, Reds and the like around Toolangi see how we go then head over toward Healsville and do a couple there after lunch.

Will be a day of hard tracks but nothing extreem or car breaking, I love to drive tracks not winch all day...

For those wanting more of a challenge the hard line up rocky track has some very big boulders and steps to get up suited to those with 35's plus

Dennis (Dennis)
15 Aug 2016

I'd be keen. Did Rocky about 6 weeks ago in stock 265's. No problem.

any idea if this will be in august?  or september?

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

I'd be keen. Did Rocky about 6 weeks ago in stock 265's. No problem.
That must have been the right hand track as the left one is the harder one.
Still with not taking any credit away from you that is a very decent effort for stock with 265s as last time i was out there i had to recover a prado that rolled over on the same track you successfully completed.

I may be keen to get out for this one depending on dates and if its a day trip.
At the moment with the mrs due in october it also may be difficult
I'll be paying close attention to see how we go

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

I be down for a trip, challenge accepted lol for the rock steps, I did the stair case on Burgoynes track in stock 245/70/17s lol, but my truck is more suited now

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

Also matt if i do come along it will be good to have 2 of us working this trip in a lead and sweep formation and would be happy to be the last car to ensure the saftey off all members on the day.
If anyone is happy to hit something harder than rocky i will be keen to take them up walking track (red/east track) too but I'll wait to see what happens

Robin
Robin (Robin80series)
15 Aug 2016

Would be keen to join

Dennis (Dennis)
15 Aug 2016

That must have been the right hand track as the left one is the harder one.
Still with not taking any credit away from you that is a very decent effort for stock with 265s as last time i was out there i had to recover a prado that rolled over o......
There was only one bit where I headed left instead of right.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
15 Aug 2016

Happy to share the lead duties and open to suggestions on what tracks, at this stage early September looks good for me.

Rocky track has 3 options, far left has some side angles, centre is loose and rocky probably the easyest option and far right is the one with big rocks and ledges, it is one of those tracks that changes on a weekly basis...

Looks like plenty of interest so I will check work commitments and put up some options for dates

Eli
Eli (Triton Noob)
15 Aug 2016

Hi there, I'm keen. I have a stock Triton though but keen to get it out with some experienced drivers. As long as I get my car back in one peice I'm keen.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
15 Aug 2016

Hi there, I'm keen. I have a stock Triton though but keen to get it out with some experienced drivers. As long as I get my car back in one peice I'm keen.

No offence but this will not be a ideal trip for a standard vehicle, some lift, larger tyres, bash plates and winch will be required.

I would hate to let people come without the appropriate set up and then go home with heaps of damage but at the end of the day its your car and your call...

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

Hi Eli
Not to rain on your parade mate but i suggest perhaps look at the easy to medium options for trips given you have a stock vehicle.

I believe minimum requirements for a medium to hard trip will be a set of all terrains some type of lift and maybe even a bullbar winch set up.
Not to take anything away from the tritons mate as i just sold mine and used to head away with these boys on their hard trips and never had a problem. But i had a fair bit of work to her.

If you are interested in heading out you have come to the right place,
Perhaps maybe we can organise a new member/old member inexperienced/experienced buddy day trip to ensure all new members have an experienced 4wder giving them pointers on the day to help them gain confidence in their cars and teach them a little more in regards to tyre pressures, line picking and recoveries.

Kelvin if you're watching this would be good to do a day like this where we can have a bbq and fun day?

Jamie Girgin
Jamie Girgin (Gqmad)
15 Aug 2016

I would be very keen just need to know what date. Keep us informed when you decide what day.

Sam
Sam (Cas_Triton)
15 Aug 2016

Nothing wrong with a stock trito!!!, I took mine plenty of places

Dead keen mate

1 2 3 4   Next