19 August 4x4 show Flemington show grounds

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3
George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
10 Aug 2016

() wrote:

Well get a Mog and you have half a metre clearance, you can drive up tracks others cant and sit at the top drinking beer pissing yourself laughing at the clowns scrambling up.devil
Its on 37s portal axles and is all legal.
Check it
https://youtu.be/sJz0ezwro2M

()
10 Aug 2016

George that youtube address you added to my post is a uber video????

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
10 Aug 2016

() wrote:

George that youtube address you added to my post is a uber video????

Sorry mate try this, dont know what happened there.

https://youtu.be/y-YIa62EFxY

()
10 Aug 2016

If you want to ad a clickable link ie for a website or youtube address then hit reply, at the top of the box will be a number of pictures, one about 3/4 to the right is a symbol of a globe with chains under it.

FIRST you need to go to the page you want to link, then copy the web address in the bar at the top (cntrl c) then go to the 4wd trip site and click that picture of the globe with chains, in the URL area click in there and paste the web address you copied from the earlier page.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
10 Aug 2016

() wrote:

If you want to ad a clickable link ie for a website or youtube address then hit reply, at the top of the box will be a number of pictures, one about 3/4 to the right is a symbol of a globe with chains under it.

FIRST you need to go t......

Hmmm i domt seem to have tht ball n chain symbol. Im using my android samsun so it may only be visible via pc?
I shared it above though, hoe its right.
That thing is a beast

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
14 Aug 2016

The symbol is in the second column and then the first symbol on the second set of symbols from the right (in that set is a flag and two small world symbols).

It comes up on my android device.

Might be differend in other android versions and even browsers?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
14 Aug 2016

Damn...after just reading that this is now me from today.
Just bought a gu patrol.
3 inch lift, twin locked, 4:6 diff gears ,auto, 35's and a few other bag of goodies including a warn high mount winch.

I will love to head out......

Yeah would be keen to head out, a lot of the good tracks around Toolangi are closed but still a few good chllenges out there, just got to get to the bottom of a vibration, nearly sorted but now have found a broken engine mount, an easy fix but just another thing to do.

Rocky track and Lyndells are still open so we could head there then head over toward Healsville and have a look at Strickland Spur and see what we can find along the way

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
14 Aug 2016

Need to keep in mind I need the Disco for work after doing the hard tracks, not like some who can park the toy up or leave it in a workshop or thier garage for a month waiting to be fixed

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
15 Aug 2016

Need to keep in mind I need the Disco for work after doing the hard tracks, not like some who can park the toy up or leave it in a workshop or thier garage for a month waiting to be fixed

No problem Matt i am just happy to get out these days.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
19 Aug 2016

No problem Matt i am just happy to get out these days.

Scored some free tix courtesy of Waeco, so guess I'm going tomorrow :-)

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
20 Aug 2016

Ha, won a free double BFG swag at the show today

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
20 Aug 2016

Well it was a great day out at the show for me this weekend.
I have managed to get there over the friday and today and really had a good slog at seeing some great stuff out there in the 4bee world for us enthusiasts here in melbourne.

I was quite happy to see the bank account didnt cop a serious beating as i only spent $55 dollars the entire weekend on products ($25 milo stuffed toy for my soon to be born child and $30 on one of those hema hn7 shade brackets)

All in all there were some serious rigs out there this weekend and would have to say my favourites were below in no particular order.

Landrover at harrop stand (white one off chops)
Portal axles on the 79 dual cab
Wholesale automatics 6 speed 79 dual cab (only 25 grand for the conversion eeeek!)
The Big blue Gu patrol at the darche stand
And that bloody huge red iveco 4x4 dual cab !

The products being sold that i thought were worthy of a mention?
Definitely the smart tek instantaneous hot water unit.
This hwu sells for 299 bucks and is definitely the real deal.
I have had mine for the past year and have considered it an awesome purchase.

What rigs were a standout for you?
What did you buy ?
And what products did you like?

Previous   1 2 3