19 August 4x4 show Flemington show grounds

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
10 Aug 2016

() wrote:

Maybe he's going to do a real "HE MAN" and get a Unimog.

And then he finally can make it thru that bog hole in Wonnangatta without getting his feet wet wink

I am just waiting till the show is on at Sandown racecourse where parking is for free.

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
10 Aug 2016

Ok my lovely wife just said she wants to go to the Flemington show so i can't go against SHMBO cheeky

()
10 Aug 2016

The mog in that picture belonged to Arnie, now how could you go past the mog? 

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
10 Aug 2016

Yer want an early Gu, becoming to costly to modify my car to where I want it, will try and get some decent money for mine while I still can. Funny thing is mark I saw a brand new 4door one (trade plates) come out of the merc truck dealership today! Only problem is I wouldn't be able to get it into the Wonnangatta or anywhere else for that matter

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
10 Aug 2016

down grade is right, why not do it properly and get a Land Rover, then you can go anywhere a locked Pootrol with 35's will go but with 32's no lockers and you wont have it stolen or harassed by the boys in blue ;-)

Have you forgotten what happened on the trip in yackandandah matt?

()
10 Aug 2016

Yer want an early Gu, becoming to costly to modify my car to where I want it, will try and get some decent money for mine while I still can. Funny thing is mark I saw a brand new 4door one (trade plates) come out of the merc truck dealership to......

They are about 20cm wider than a 79, but yeah they look sooooo much bigger, and yeah a lot higher, so low hanging trees will frigg you up. An ex army one for 30k and away you go. std diff locks front and rear too.

()
10 Aug 2016

Don't forget firetrucks go basically everywhere the small 4 wheelers do so I don't know why people say a mog can't get into places.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
10 Aug 2016

Have you forgotten what happened on the trip in yackandandah matt?

No still remember, had to winch everywhere  the others had to winch, except for Peter, have never seen him pull a winch... and didn't do Long Tom but that wasn't the car as much as it was the driver still battling demons from a very scarey previous accident blushwink

()
10 Aug 2016

But if you are going to get a patrol have a look at these.

http://www.marks4wd.com/portal-axles/patrol-portal-axles.html

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
10 Aug 2016

No still remember, had to winch everywhere  the others had to winch, except for Peter, have never seen him pull a winch... and didn't do Long Tom but that wasn't the car as much as it was the driver still battling demons from a ver......

But if a difference winching 2m - 20m

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
10 Aug 2016

() wrote:

Yer let's not get to excited. I will try and sell my car first

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
10 Aug 2016

down grade is right, why not do it properly and get a Land Rover, then you can go anywhere a locked Pootrol with 35's will go but with 32's no lockers and you wont have it stolen or harassed by the boys in blue ;-)

Damn...after just reading that this is now me from today.
Just bought a gu patrol.
3 inch lift, twin locked, 4:6 diff gears ,auto, 35's and a few other bag of goodies including a warn high mount winch.

I will love to head out with you some time soon Matt, care for a trip out toolangi way? I feel like heading up walking track!

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
10 Aug 2016

() wrote:

Yeah Love portals, 
But 15k? to get the clearance of an IFS? may as well buy a TRITON again lol

()
10 Aug 2016

Well get a Mog and you have half a metre clearance, you can drive up tracks others cant and sit at the top drinking beer pissing yourself laughing at the clowns scrambling up.devil

BUT I'd still prefer an M113 I really did love thoselaugh

Previous   1 2 3   Next