Cathedral Ranges State Park

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
03 Aug 2016

Worth a visit? Just map trawling and it's somewhere close to Melbourne so good for a day trip. Just wondering if there are any challenges for a medium experience driver?

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
03 Aug 2016

Hi mate,

I led a group there 2 weeks ago and we camped at the Cooks Mill camp. It was excellent. There a few logging tracks but we didn't go up. We went to Rubicon State Park next to it but there are heaps of tracks currently closed.

Kelvin 

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
03 Aug 2016

Hi mate,

I led a group there 2 weeks ago and we camped at the Cooks Mill camp. It was excellent. There a few logging tracks but we didn't go up. We went to Rubicon State Park next to it but there are heaps of tracks currently closed.

Kelvin 

Yeah it's good value and if you're up for it it is only a short ascent up to the summit of the Cathedrals themselves = good views. 

()
06 Aug 2016

Yeah I've wondered about that too Winston, that's a nice close one to me, that would be handy.

On the other side of the highway is a plantation area with heaps of tracks.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37.3928103,145.6796226,15z

Does anyone know if that's open to the public, and if so are they just gravel roads or 4wd tracks?

Edit, just answered my own question, if you look on google satellite map it's all cleared boring ground, and the public access map shows mainly 2wd. Bloody internet is very handy hey!!!