Watch the cheap gear

Forum > General Discussion

()
29 Jul 2016

Hi guys

Just a warning that some cheap gear may seem like a good deal but many have been riped off. I purchased a bull bar from Ironman with a winch. While trying it out on my ute on a relatively easy hill (i could drive up it) the bar bent out where the winch was fitted. Could see that the weld had poor penetration and failed.Took it back and they said I abused it , must of snatch straped it off the winch???!!!! they have my money and arnt interested in any warranty or after sales service. Im out of $ and am back to standard bumper and have to save up for another bar to put my winch back on. Should of stayed with a reputable company

Have heard other horror stories from this company since talking to others

not happy ironman

Ben

()
30 Jul 2016

Maybe get it welded up properly, that would be cheaper than a new bar. That's if the metal is actually up to the job.

But you should take it further, take photo's and write a letter to head office and demand a refund.

They probably won't do that but should give you a replacement.

Often the dealers just couldn't be bothered, but the actual company are often more responsive.

I think their head office is in clayton, westall rd & centre rd (last time I went past)

Message deleted by the author.

()
30 Jul 2016

Definatly take that further. I had issues with a Kaymar bar / jerry can holder and the dealership was just "a lot of bad words to be placed here" .... They delayed and delayed, as soon as Kaymar head office believed me that the dealer gave me the run around, they forced him to sort it out. At the end even with a reputable company the odd part can slip through quality control. Dont give up easily.

Best of luck

Cheers

Andre

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
30 Jul 2016

Hey Ben, I got a Bullbar and winch deal too like you I got sucked in by the cheaper price, my gripe with them is they told me the had bash plates under body protection to suit turns out they don't make them for my model and the dealer quoted me about double to have them custom made after the bull bar was on of course a few people have suggested going to head office at Dandenong having said that I haven't had any problem with the winch or bar just have a bad taste about their dealers bs and lack of customer sevice . I would advise anyone to buy from  the more reputable company where you get what you pay for.

Anyway hope you get it sorted.

Andrew.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
14 Aug 2016

I'd suggest if you have no luck from Ironman that you take it to VCAT.