Crooked river gold and history explore

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next

()
22 Jul 2016

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else is interested in doing some gold panning and a relaxing trip. Perhaps look at some of the old mine sites?

Probably camp at Talbotville. So there is the option to go and do blue rag or some of the crooked crossings etc if you got bored of panning/relic looking.

Not really a driving trip, but no reason you couldn't do some.

BTW it would be November after the tracks open.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
22 Jul 2016

You wanting to get some gold so you can buy a E locker Mark....wink

()
22 Jul 2016

Ha ha, no I just like doing it, I got a bit while camped between Jamieson and Kevington a while back. I really think the area has been worked that much that you'll just get some specs, but still fun. I would like to explore some of the old sites in the area too, when on a driving trip you just never stop and look properly at stuff.

()
22 Jul 2016

Better watch out mate I'll slip under your Paj with a socket set and nick yours.devildevil

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
22 Jul 2016

I would prefer this than my trip.

()
22 Jul 2016

I would prefer this than my trip.

yes Nice, well that's 1. I'd normally just post a trip, but this is a bit of an unusual one for the site, so gauging interest.

()
22 Jul 2016

Hi mark definitely interested in that trip,IV got a couple of cheapish metal detectors I can bring along ,if it's not illegal.

()
22 Jul 2016

OK well with three it's a go'er, what dates suit people?

()
22 Jul 2016

What ever suits you. Cheers

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
22 Jul 2016

Yep don't mind too much after the tracks reopen I have flexibility at work. 

()
22 Jul 2016

OK guys I'll get back to you with a date.

BTW Gazz nothing illegal about using a detector, we're not in Russia !!!

You should have a miners right though, since you are supplying the detectors I'll cover that.

()
22 Jul 2016

() wrote:

OK guys I'll get back to you with a date.

BTW Gazz nothing illegal about using a detector, we're not in Russia !!!

You should have a miners right though, since you are supplying the detectors I'll cover that.

Lol no worries,  I could probably borrow a bobcat, and skim 6" off the talbotville camp ground to detect new ground.🙈

()
22 Jul 2016

Yeah, I think the rangers might get a tad pissed at that, you would expose some cool shit though !!

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
22 Jul 2016

() wrote:

Yeah, I think the rangers might get a tad pissed at that, you would expose some cool shit though !!

I've got a 1.5 ton excavator I could bring lol

()
22 Jul 2016

That might be a tad heavy handed John.

I'll try and arrange for some gold dudes to show us their highbank setups, it will depend on theirs and our timing.

Should be a nice history filled relaxing trip.

1 2   Next