1 2   Next

David (DSPIES)
18 Jul 2016

Hey folks,

is anyone interested in a trip the weekend of 6/7 of August?

i'd proably head to the starting camp on the Friday night (5th) after work just to get the full weekends worth and head of driving early saturday morning.

i dont mind if i lead it or someone else wants to lead a trip although i havent done a winter trip around Dargo/licola so some track tips would be appreciated if we head that way? Hopefully medium/hard by forum standards.

i saw there was a dargo-thompson dam trip posted which sounds interesting but the dates unfortunately dont work for me. 

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a similar or different trip on that weekend, please post up....

cheers

david

Maybe if it was more easy medium  I would be all good but still fairly new so not sure if I'd do a medium hard

Hey David I would be keen but may be later in august

Alex
Alex (Alex_Lemons)
18 Jul 2016

Hi David 

Im the same as Chris, keen as to do the trip but later in august would work for me 

Hi David,

Put me down at this stage would like to tour that area, I'm looking at hopefully camping in the snow at some point also.

I would head up from Melbourne during the day on the Friday, keep me posted and we shall see.

cheers

Lone Wolf

I live at Bairnsdale, so I'm keen but just not sure what's happening with work.  I don't get a lot of weekends off. 

I live at Bairnsdale, so I'm keen but just not sure what's happening with work.  I don't get a lot of weekends off. 

Hi David I'm keen, medium to hardπŸ‘

Will let you know definite asap

Adam
Adam (zem100)
19 Jul 2016

Count me in. Medium/ hard all good. 

Richard
Richard (Papa_Bob)
19 Jul 2016

Hi David. 

Im keen. Count me in at this stage. πŸ˜€

cheers

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
19 Jul 2016

Hi David. 

Im keen. Count me in at this stage. πŸ˜€

cheers

Love too also. Live in the area like Jenkin but dates clash for me. Mid week is often best for me. cheers

David (DSPIES)
19 Jul 2016

Hey folks,

i'll post this trip up most likely on the weekend.

ive asked another forum member (anthony) for some track tips through that area for this time of year, and once i have a rough idea of where we'll head, i'll post i up.

(i expect that will be over the weekend).

looking forward to a winter trip.

cheers

david

David (DSPIES)
23 Jul 2016

hey folks,

any track tips for this one before i post it up?

Love too also. Live in the area like Jenkin but dates clash for me. Mid week is often best for me. cheers

Hi Hoddz, if this trip doesn't work out, might be able to organise something else mid week.  Weekends are at a premium for me as well.   Only get one or occasionally 2 a month and then I've got to do the family thing.   Keep in touch. Cheers. J.    

Re tips for the area, take a chainsaw. Check the DELWP website for seasonal track closures and if you find yourself on the wrong side of a flooded river, wait it out. They all have quite small catchments, so once the rain stops, they are often safe again the next day, or even sooner at times, depending on which one and how high in the hills you are.  Stay safe and have fun guys. 

Richard
Richard (Papa_Bob)
24 Jul 2016

hey folks,

any track tips for this one before i post it up?

David! 

Im on the edge of my seat waiting for this trip to be posted up. Checking my phone all the time like I'm having an affair so that I don't miss out!  πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‰

1 2   Next