Previous   1 2 3   Next

Helen (Belz)
17 Jul 2016

Sounds great...! But just need to know when ......?

Sounds good!

just depends on final dates ?

Rob

id like to bring a camper trailer too if possible.

Brad
Brad (Braddiv)
17 Jul 2016

I'm a local (Stawell)

Depending on date, I'd love to tag along to learn more about the grampians history etc.

Mark (markfowl)
17 Jul 2016

Sounds like a plan. keep me posted and I'll see if it works in with the family (wife and baby). Sounds like you have a lot to offer to the trip (other than 4x4) - rock art, etc. Keep me posted. Mark.

Brett
Brett (Gxlhunjee)
17 Jul 2016

Sounds fantastic, depending if it is weekend or mid week id love to come, with wife and 2 kids - 4 and 2. If it's nothing too hardcore we'd likely bring the camper trailer, if that would suit plans. Keep me posted, great idea.

Chris (cap8959)
18 Jul 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Chris (cap8959)
18 Jul 2016

plenty of interest in this one. Would be intersted with the camper also. Just wait for dates and see.

()
18 Jul 2016

This would be a great trip i am most interested, it would be great to take the roof top tent for a spin also .

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
18 Jul 2016

Hi all,

Thanks very much for all the responses - looks like we have a bit of interest in this one which is great. I'll think about dates and post up the trip at 7pm tonight. If you are a definate on this please remember that it is going up at 7pm and add your name! 

My initial thought was to do it during the school holidays, but that time is very busy on the tracks and many people can''t make it due to leading / attending other trips. I think this is doable over a Saturday / Sunday but if you would be able to get a Friday or the Monday off work / school for the kiddies it would be even better. I would be happy to meet early at Dunkeld and do the run up to the Victoria Range and then up to Stapylton for the night, back down to Mackenzie Falls maybe, some kangaroos for the kiddies and then out to Bunjil's Cave near Stawell for a look at the art there. If it was done over two days the first nigght could be spent at the Black Range near Rockland Res and the second at Stapylton etc. 

Kelvin [TREXGQ] has kindly offered to lead an alternate trip at the same time on different tracks, but ultimately with the same destinations in mind, this would reduce vehicular traffic while still getting everyone together at the best spots. Two simultaneous trips is definately workable and we would likely only be a few kms away from each other at any one given time. I think a maximum of 8-10 vehicles for each trip is fine given the easy grade of the tracks and generally good visibility along them. 

The trip is rated as easy and would be suitable for SUVs although I would like to go over the Victoria Range again if possible, but even that would be rated easy. Camper trailers are fine, there is plenty of room in the camp grounds although please note there is a per vehicle fee, although I might try and contact Parks and see if they have club offers.. Alternatively, we could drive out west to the Black Range and camp for free there, there is also some rock art out there as well. Anyway, I will get togther itinerary and it will be posted up with the trip. 

Further details to follow. 

Cheers,

John. 

Glenn
Glenn (4x4man)
18 Jul 2016

Bloke!, definitely put me down I've been waiting a long time for someone like you. I absolutely love Aussie history and would be grateful to learn some of the history in the Grampians area. Keep me posted on any further developments and I c......

Sounds good to me i am interested in going

Nathan Byrne
Nathan Byrne (Nkkkeb)
18 Jul 2016

Definitely be keen on this trip depending on dates also. If it doesn't clash with the border track trip I'd come with kids. 

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
18 Jul 2016

Looks like it's going to be a blood bath once the trip is posted! Everyone is interested

Wes
Wes (dmax4x4)
18 Jul 2016

Hi john me and my family are interested pending on dates.cheers Wes

Hi John,

Also keen depending on the date.  My 7yo son would love a trip with other kids.

Cheers,

Paul

()
18 Jul 2016

Hi John,

Also keen depending on the date.  My 7yo son would love a trip with other kids.

Cheers,

Paul

better hurry up mate, the trip has been listed. look in "find a trip".

Previous   1 2 3   Next