1 2 3   Next
John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
17 Jul 2016

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the site but have signed up for a few trips over the next few months. I am thinking about running a Grampians tour perhaps for a night or two during September school holidays or perhaps over a weekend between now and then. I would probably bring my 8 year old son along. The Grampians are not known for their 4wd tracks and unfortunately the Victoria range track will be closed (I think), but I was considering running a tour from Dunkeld to a few of the Aboriginal rock art sites in the Victoria range followed by the interesting drive through the Asses Ears up to Stapylton Camp (if it is open). There are a few good rock art sites in the Victoria range and also a few in the north around Stapylton.

I used to work in the Grampians for Parks Victoria and know the tracks pretty well. This is really a tour suitable for all experience levels and vehicles. It would be an opportunity to bring the kids, although if you are a Han Solo that's perfectly fine too. I know a fair bit about the Grampians generally and a lot about its history, I'm an archaeologist and have dug many of the sites there both Aboriginal and Australian heritage ones and would be happy to provide any information if anyone was interested. I really love this place, the interesting rock formations and history, it's a magical place. If you have never had the opportunity to tour the Grampians and are interested in its history generally this may be a tour you'd be interested in. Happy to be flexible re. people side tracking to other features and meeting at the camp fire. 

Cheers,

John. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
17 Jul 2016

Love it... count me in please...

Tim
Tim (07lux)
17 Jul 2016

I would definitely be interested. Have two 4 year olds that would tag along

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
17 Jul 2016

Really interested in this particularly the rock art but I am already running a trip in the September school holidays so if it's another time count me in.

()
17 Jul 2016

That sounds interesting mate, my little fella is only three, so not sure if Mummy will let me take him out yet. Hopefully, I can talk her into going, a nice easy sightseeing trip may persuade her.

()
17 Jul 2016

I would definitely be interested. Have two 4 year olds that would tag along

TWO !!!! 4 year olds!!! one drives me nuts... sheesh.

Porky (porky)
17 Jul 2016

Im in and look forward to it.

Porky (porky)
17 Jul 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Jul 2016

This sounds awesome! If it's an easy track and have time to soak in some nature and knowledge about the area.. It. Would be awesome!

Hopefully it doesn't clash with the border track dates ( http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=481 ) , I would love to come.

Thanks

Hi 

This sounds amazing would love to come. Just hubby and me. Depending on date you have arranged. Let me know. 

Thanks Chris Burr

Sounds fantastic. Depending on dates as I normally go camping in this area Sept. Holidays

Tim
Tim (07lux)
17 Jul 2016

() wrote:

TWO !!!! 4 year olds!!! one drives me nuts... sheesh.

Hahaha they can be a handful but most of the time they're good value

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
17 Jul 2016

I'd be keen also, would have my 10yr old daughter tag along with me too.
cheers

Hi John

just one question, are you looking at weekend or through the week as this would have a bearing on availability to attend due to work commitments 

Chris Burr

Bloke!, definitely put me down I've been waiting a long time for someone like you. I absolutely love Aussie history and would be grateful to learn some of the history in the Grampians area. Keep me posted on any further developments and I can also be reached on 0408651969 cheers Lone Wolf.

1 2 3   Next