Buchan-Jacksons Crossing- Deddick Trail

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
13 Jul 2016

Hi guys,

Last time I did this in 2014 my clutch slave cylinder died and I had to do most of the Deddick trail locked in one gear (too hard to change gears in low range with no pedal), then all the way back to Buchan over McKillops bridge shifitng in hi range with no clutch pedal.  

Needless to say the fun went out of that one the minute the pedal went to the floor and didn't come back up, after that it was more a case of 'sh*t I want out of here in one piece TODAY'.

But it would make for a nice 3 day run, with a secret right-on-a-river camp spot I know near Buchan for night one which allows lots of elbow bending time and a re-fuel in the morning, maybe a spot near McKillops night 2 and chuff home day 3 or even add a day and come back through the woods somehow day 4.

Probably a November trip as track is seasonally closed over winter would anyone be intereted ?  I'd rate it as easy myself , the Mt Joan Staircase is just pop-it-in-low-and-hang-on type thing that makes a good photo op . Just a good set of A/T tyres and a snatch strap would see us clear in terms of car and gear requirments. 

Maybe 5 or 6 people if interested I'll run it ?   Anyone interested ?

Cheers.

Hoddz
Hoddz (Hoddz)
13 Jul 2016

Def interested!!  cheers Hoddz

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
13 Jul 2016

Interested depending dates, Deddick is a nice run and great sceanery

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
13 Jul 2016

I would be interested in attending. The elbow bending part sounds good. 

Pauly
Pauly (Dagy)
13 Jul 2016

Most definatly interested depending on dates, am sure you will have many takers.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
13 Jul 2016

Did similar trip a few months ago just out of orbost, Jacksons, Deddick, McKillop, Tom groggin, great trip, although the deddick had been freshly tractor slashed, it was kind of weird!

im intrestead if dates are free

Liam
Liam (BeardMoto)
14 Jul 2016

Yep, defs interested as long as it's not the first weekend of nov. 

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
14 Jul 2016

Interested here!

If dates suit would be interested but fairly new to 4 wd so would it be suitable have done wrens flat done a few tracks up high country but that's about it

Definitely interested depending on dates

Max
Max (1FZ105)
14 Jul 2016

New to the site would be keen pending dates. 

We're very interested if the timing is right and I've got the CV boots replaced on my boy. The kids will be able to try out their new swag's too.
Keep us updated thanks.

Sure would!!

Chris (cap8959)
14 Jul 2016

Interested, date dependant.

1 2   Next