Post as Private Message Tickbox Clarification

Forum > Feature Suggestions
Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
12 Jul 2016

When on the "Discussions" tab of a trip and you reply but tick the "Post as Private Message Tickbox" it sends a Private Message to all members that have joined the trip when I was half expecting it to send a message just to the person I was replying to (in this case the trip leader).

In this case it wasn't a major deal and honestly probably never would be, I would hope we are all pretty friendly around here but all the same it can be embarrasing when you think you are having a private conversation when in fact everyone saw what you just posted.

I think the functionality needs to either be changed so that it only sends a private message to the person you are replying to or it just needs extra clarification. ie: Post as Private Message to Joined Members.

PS. Kelvin / Site Management

I am a Web Developer by trade and would be happy to donate some of my time to this awesome site.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
12 Jul 2016

Well thats interesting , I did not know that  thanks for the heads up Brad, I would have liked to think a private message was between myself and one other person.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
12 Jul 2016

Thanks Brad, I actually didn't realise this issue with "Reply" to a specific member. I will fix it. 

Are you a full stack developer? ...

Brad Jones
Brad Jones (BradZook)
12 Jul 2016

Thanks Brad, I actually didn't realise this issue with "Reply" to a specific member. I will fix it. 

Are you a full stack developer? ...

Sure am Kevin. Primarily working with PHP and Node.js backends but have built a few Asp.Net sites in my time as a developer.