Where do you want to go???

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4 5
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Jul 2016

Mark not sure why but once again you take certain snipets, edit in you mind and then post comments....

If you read all my posts carefully you will see that I have said yes I am selfish because I want to run trips that I want to do, as would anyone, I than said quite clearly that I will accommodate what others want.

The origional post was not only for my benifit to see what others wanted but also to get a good discussion going, which it has thank you everyone, about the topic and to get everyone to consider the issue, once again it has done that with heaps of people saying they will run trips, thanks again everyone!!

I am member No. 10 so have been here a while, best you go back a bit further to find some details Mark, I haven't lead a lot of trips but have done one and assisted in a few others, not that is relavent in any way shape or form.

As for trip levels I am not going back over the 100's of great trips that have already been posted and completed but on the firtst page it is a very even spead of easy, medium and medium / hard with almost exact numbers of each, it is the hard trips that have the least so not sure what your comment regarding my potential trips is all about, as I said I would not run hard trips and anyone with just a few mods and some experiance will be able to attend any trip I run. Even inexperianced drivers could with some coaching and guidance.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Jul 2016

One other thought, just to clarify, giving people the option to do 1 or 2 hard tracks in a whole day out does that turn an easy / medium trip into a hard trip IMO no but what do others think?

If 3 of 6 or 7 cars did a hard track would others fell pressured into doing something they where not comfortable with?

Liam
Liam (BeardMoto)
09 Jul 2016

I love getting out as well, and we definitely need to get some more trips going. I've only ever led one trip, which happened because the original trip leader canceled and everyone else still wanted to go. So will need to do a few more with ......

Hey Alex, there's a few of us heading out to Neerim on Sunday (tomorrow) if you're keen. 

Meeting at the Lonwarry outbound Caltex at Sand rd exit around 8:30am 

()
09 Jul 2016

Matt I recall having a conversation with you about running trips about 6 months ago, anyway no point going over the same things again, like I said whatever trip you decide to do, then great, more trips the better.

()
09 Jul 2016

One other thought, just to clarify, giving people the option to do 1 or 2 hard tracks in a whole day out does that turn an easy / medium trip into a hard trip IMO no but what do others think?

If 3 of 6 or 7 cars did a hard track......

I have done that on just about every trip, not many do the harder optional ones though. But to answer the question, no, it shouldn't change the trip level and no one should ever feel pressured into a track they don't feel safe to do.

But if you aren't going to run a trip because those optional tracks are closed then that's up to you.

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
09 Jul 2016

I want to see more of the High Country iconic sites... so far I've been on trips Dargo to Licola, Walhalla/Aberfeldy area and led a trip form Sheepyard flat to Craigs hut. Someday I would like to do a trip from Lake Cobbler to Dargo. I'm more into sight seeing and camping but do enjoy a technical challenge within my vehicles limit... I will be leading some more easy trips when the weather warms up its great to see others going to the effort too I'm grateful for the leaders of the trips I've been on and the advise given to me so I can run my own trips. I Also encourage more people to post trip reports and photos gives other members ideas for trips...

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
11 Jul 2016

Great response to your thread Matt....yes. Good to hear what type of 4wding members enjoy.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
11 Jul 2016

Not wrong Allan, has been some great responces and given me and others a bit to think about when planning trips. Now I just need to get a few things finished off on my car and get through a few really busy weeks then get a few trips happening.

Cant wait to get out onto the tracks again

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
13 Jul 2016

I'd love to do a trip up Haunted Stream track. I've never been through there. Would also like to see some of the bush east of Jamieson and one day do border track. Is border track one way north to south does anyone know? 

The other area I'm keen on is the Avon wilderness. 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
13 Jul 2016

Border trk is one way only, north to south

Anthony (fossil)
13 Jul 2016

I'd love to do a trip up Haunted Stream track. I've never been through there. Would also like to see some of the bush east of Jamieson and one day do border track. Is border track one way north to south does anyone know? 

The Haunted stream has been on my list of places to go for a long time. I planned a trip at the beginning of the year with a few mates but the track has been closed indefinately due to errosion and colapsing embankments. I was hoping that it would be repaired and reopened but the department have informed me that it will be left closed until further notice. 

John
John (Disco_Johnsy)
13 Jul 2016

The Haunted stream has been on my list of places to go for a long time. I planned a trip at the beginning of the year with a few mates but the track has been closed indefinately due to errosion and colapsing embankments. I was hoping that it wo......

That's a shame for sure but thanks for the update. There will be a fair bit of work involved if it is left for too long. 

Red
Red (Redtarro)
16 Jul 2016

That's a shame for sure but thanks for the update. There will be a fair bit of work involved if it is left for too long. 

Have done Haunted stream trip was great fun. Not a hard trip but must watch some exits. But I would love to do a trip taking in most of the Huts in the high country.

Previous   1 2 3 4 5