Where do you want to go???

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next
Daryl
Daryl (hj601983)
07 Jul 2016

Mt Cole! ... It's in my bucket list. I have heard a lot about it...mainly hard tracks.... can you run a trip to show us around? 

Yes i can when i get another 4wd or go with sume one else all so have be when not wet.

On our last trip to Avoca we met 2 wd clubs rthere and the y did Mt.Cole..told us they loved it...and had some damage ..

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Jul 2016

Alex, I think you just hit a very pertinent point. The majority of trips do seem to be on the other side of town. I was thinking of going to the trip leaders weekend, as I am a Club trip leader and 4WD Vic club instructor and more than pleased ......

Thats the thing, out east has the best 4wding but I hate mud so haveto try and avoid the slop, plus it helps when you live in the eastern suburbs so don't have to spend 5 hours on the black top to get to the tracks.

Do love the far west of the state though

Daryl
Daryl (hj601983)
07 Jul 2016

Yes i can when i get another 4wd or go with sume one else all so have be when not wet.

November Melbourne cup week end.

Graeme
Graeme (Patrol01)
07 Jul 2016

Thats the thing, out east has the best 4wding but I hate mud so haveto try and avoid the slop, plus it helps when you live in the eastern suburbs so don't have to spend 5 hours on the black top to get to the tracks.

Do love the far west of the state though

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the high country, "Gods own country" but I don't always have a long weekend or more to go up there and truly enjoy the place. Kids and work and house get in the way.

But there are some fantastic tracks in the west as well including Mt Cole that have both mud and dry and hills and rocks. Victoria has it all.

Andrew
Andrew (my truck)
07 Jul 2016

Hi guys i live in the east and theres so many track out here to choose from its hard ,i like the jamerson area and noojee area u can choose some light tracks and do the touristy thing and do some exploring around the areas or find the little bit hard tracks if u like . these areas are so veratile and go in so many different directions should u want more or enough and head home on the black stuff or the barnham state forest on the murry river.

Lorraine
Lorraine (Loopy)
07 Jul 2016

We are completely new to 4 wheel driving and don't have any experience.

Andrew
Andrew (my truck)
07 Jul 2016

We are completely new to 4 wheel driving and don't have any experience.

thats the best thing about jamerson woods point area its got all beginers to hard ,but i like easy to meadium and ocational bit hairer at times ,but in general i like to look around.i m no expert .we learn every time we go out as 4wd drivers.i v got a few friend that dont have any expirence and go for a day drive to show them what there missing out on.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
07 Jul 2016

Alex, I think you just hit a very pertinent point. The majority of trips do seem to be on the other side of town. I was thinking of going to the trip leaders weekend, as I am a Club trip leader and 4WD Vic club instructor and more than pleased ......

Graeme, you will have no trouble filling trips in the west. Many of us from the east are yet to venture out west as the general consenus is that there is alot of mud/bog holes that dont appeal to everyone. Must admit that Cobaw is one place I hope to visit at some time.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
07 Jul 2016

And as Matt said, dont like travelling more than a couple of hours on the 'blacktop' to get somewhere just for a daytrip.

()
08 Jul 2016

I live out west - but willing to drive anywhere - often long drives out east. 

Always happy to join trips and yes it's a matter of time I intend to run some trips . Not sure what it exactly entails but I would only be emulating from experience during previous trips .

For that reason , I need to spend some time with some experienced Trip leaders to guage requirements and 'training' .

However , very soon I will post some trips . The question is where to go and what trails are open .  I am all ears to any suggestions.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
08 Jul 2016

Oh I know where to look, haha, just sort of comparing to places like dissa, kinglake noojee way etc. Wombat has heaps but Ive done it a hundred times and i avoid mud now if I can, only go over Blackwood way now. 

See Enfield is a place i havent been, been meaning to get there and do a reccy with my son in his car but to busy atm. So when I get back from the Simmo I will do a trip out there. 

Creswick is a good forest to explore, some mine history, some interesting tracks and hills in places as well. Can do something out there also.

I love getting out there but funds stop me 90% of the time. I'm rebuilding the recovery gear for my new 4wd, which should be accomplished nest month. Tallarook is the closest to me and easiest to get too, along with Mt Disappointment. I am planning a trip to the high country ( first time ever) with friends for the Melbourne Cup weekend. I lead trips with only 1 or 2 friends only in Tallarook so far, trouble is I don't plan ahead, its just a case of take a track as you come to it, if it looks good but not extreme.

Walhalla is on the bucket list but it will take me a year to save just for the fuel to get there. Blue Mountains is also on the bucket list, but I doubt I'll get there in life time, funds wont allow it. I haven't been west yet, but I did do Lerdederg many years ago in my old FJ55 cruiser.

David
David (Paul Patrol)
08 Jul 2016

Hey Discomatt,

Do you have any trips coming up that would suite a Commodore with low profile tyres & sports suspension? I have no recovery points, lift, winch. I might be able to squeeze my swag & some camping gear in the back but will have to rely on you for the rest. I don't even have room for my fridge so can you also please through in a weekends worth of coldies for me please mate.

Geez I miss the old Paul Patrol.

Alex
Alex (Alex_Lemons)
08 Jul 2016

I love getting out as well, and we definitely need to get some more trips going. I've only ever led one trip, which happened because the original trip leader canceled and everyone else still wanted to go. So will need to do a few more with experienced trip leaders before I go leading more on my own.

I’m from the southeast suburbs so love the stuff out east as it doesn’t take too long to get too. Really like the Walhalla area, had a couple days up there the other weekend with a mate and we didn’t even make a dint on the amount of track and scenery up there. 

Late notice but anyone keen on a day trip, or over night trip this weekend?... don’t really mind where (preferably not too far on the black top) but really want to get out as its my first and last weekend off for a while :( :(

Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next