Where do you want to go???

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next

Mark (markfowl)
07 Jul 2016

Hi Matthew, good post!! Done many trips now mostly high country, Great Alpine National etc  but  like yourself hoping to get into leading some trips in the near future for this site . Im keen on areas far East to NSW coast and North o......

I am a shift worker that works a rotating roster. I'd be keen for some mid week trips too. :)

Leah (Betsy98)
07 Jul 2016

My husband and I are currently travelling Aus and want to do the old telegraph track around start of November. Maybe the second week in November would be best for us.

Mark (markfowl)
07 Jul 2016

Grampians

Far East Gippsland

Snowy Mountains

Wyperfeld/Murray Sunset

Happy to do the above over a 3 or 4 day long weekend (get there day 1, 2-3 days 4x4, then home).

I'm not keen on 'mud runs'. More about easy-moderate low range touring, so most Vic locations over winter are out ...

Don (Maddon)
07 Jul 2016

fantastic idea - dont like this waether either -- call me a softy

Anthony (fossil)
07 Jul 2016

Well I've organised a trip out Tuesday night.
If I get a few rock up, I'll probably be more keen to run others.
If people are keen I'm happy to organise navigation runs or make up a circuit.

I live in romsey so wombat, cobaw ......

We do the same. The wife and I love to get out whenever we can. If we go somewhere we like to explore the area as well. A lot better than bouncing around the car all day. Don't get me wrong we do love the drive as well.

Daryl
Daryl (hj601983)
07 Jul 2016

The Grampians NP Mt Cole SP I no them well I do it but have no 4WD at the monent yes

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
07 Jul 2016

The Grampians NP Mt Cole SP I no them well I do it but have no 4WD at the monent yes

Mt Cole! ... It's in my bucket list. I have heard a lot about it...mainly hard tracks.... can you run a trip to show us around? 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Jul 2016

Not wrong this weather is crap, just spent 5 days doing Big Desert and Wyperfeild, had a great trip with magnificent days but the nights where freezing to the point of breaking taps in our camper from the water freezing so much.

If going out that way it needs to be at least a 4 day trip for those that live around Melbourne.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Jul 2016

Not a lot of wheeling at the Grampians, don't know anything about Mt Cole, will have a look and do some searching

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
07 Jul 2016

Not a lot of wheeling at the Grampians, don't know anything about Mt Cole, will have a look and do some searching

Mt Cole is at south of Pyreness Range. Apparently tracks over there are even harder than Pyreness Range.......... 

Graeme
Graeme (Patrol01)
07 Jul 2016

The question is Where Do People Want To Go , What areas and What grade of trip???

Alex, I think you just hit a very pertinent point. The majority of trips do seem to be on the other side of town. I was thinking of going to the trip leaders weekend, as I am a Club trip leader and 4WD Vic club instructor and more than pleased to help others learn to be safe out there, but being on the other side made it awkward to be there in time etc.

I do a lot of trips to Tallarook, Disso,Wombat, Pyrenees and Enfield and then points west. I am wondering are there many members on the West side or those that are prepared to travel to the west?

As for there aren't as many hills or muddy areas as the East, then I'm sorryto say you aren't ooking in the right places. LOL.

Just putting it out there for consideration, is the West a viable proposition for members?

Graeme.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
07 Jul 2016

surprisedevil

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
07 Jul 2016

surprisedevil

Kyle
Kyle (mango)
07 Jul 2016

Would love to go for a trip to the ottaways or mt dissapointment. Still fairly new to 4wding so the meduim trips will do me for now.

Previous   1 2 3 4 5   Next