1 2   Next
Dave
Dave (Stoops)
03 Jul 2016

I have a week off in September so thinking of doing Border track, would leave 24th from Melbourne and I need to back in Bendigo on the 30th for  the Bendigo Jeep Show.

We have been talking about it too and bought the maps! Would definitely like to join....but we have to look into Jack's leave as we have other holidays planned....get back to you soon!

would be good to catch up again and see the "new" Jeep!

Wayne (Defender130)
04 Jul 2016

i'm definately interested - it's been many years since i've done the border track. i'd also like to do robe/beachport the following week if anyone else is interested

Nathan Byrne
Nathan Byrne (Nkkkeb)
04 Jul 2016

G'day, 

I'd almost certainly be interested to come. I reside in Mildura and have yet to do it. Just can't seem to lock in any local mates  to do it. 

Cheers 

What would you rate the tracks as?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jul 2016

The track would be rated as easy/ medium there are a couple of challenging sand dunes to get over but there are bypass tracks around them if you don't want to try and get up.

In a week off you could start rigt up the top in Murry sunset, then head south into big desert have a look there, well worth it, then head west to do the Border track wich only would take 2-3 days depending how far you wanted to go each day and how far south to wanted to go.

I might be interested, Liza is going to Bali for 10 days so I am thinking a nice 4wd trip somewhere

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
05 Jul 2016

What would you rate the tracks as?

Not sure what to rate the track and I will do some more research into that but you will be ok with a Pajero. I think the track can be quite challenging in the wet but there seems to be a way around most of the big holes. 

Stuart (Stuwy)
05 Jul 2016

thanks for your email Dave,

Sorry I wont be able to make it mate, I have family visit me from overseas during that same time.

Kind regards

Stuart

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jul 2016

the majority of the track is sand so it is easyier in the wet than dry, the big bog holes at the southern end can be driven around and there is no way on earth I would drive them if wet, some are roof hight, if dry they can be driven without drama

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
05 Jul 2016

the majority of the track is sand so it is easyier in the wet than dry, the big bog holes at the southern end can be driven around and there is no way on earth I would drive them if wet, some are roof hight, if dry they can be driven without drama

Thanks Matt, is it doable with a camper trailer 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
05 Jul 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
05 Jul 2016

Thanks Matt, is it doable with a camper trailer 

Some have taken camper trailers, but not too sure sure that I would. To give you and the others who are interested in doing this trip, I have added a video of our trip on April last year. BTW, we were the 1st cars through as it was the 1st day the track opened but were passed by a few cars while we were having our lunch break.

Again, is quite a long video but will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Peter Morris (peter1)
05 Jul 2016

Hi Dave

I would be interested in joining you for this trip. I can't confirm at this stage but would appreciate being included in the numbers and should have a better idea of my movements for that time later next month.

Regards

Peter

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
05 Jul 2016

Some have taken camper trailers, but not too sure sure that I would. To give you and the others who are interested in doing this trip, I have added a video of our trip on April last year. BTW, we were the 1st cars through as it was the 1st day ......

Thanks for that Alan, great video definitely makes me want to go. I think I will work out somewhere to leave the camper trailer maybe Pinaroo and go back and pick it up or not take it at all. Do you know what the northern section is like, I'm thinking of starting up at the Murray. 

Dave
Dave (Stoops)
05 Jul 2016

We have been talking about it too and bought the maps! Would definitely like to join....but we have to look into Jack's leave as we have other holidays planned....get back to you soon!

would be good to catch up again and see the "new" Jeep!

Would love to catch up with you guys on a trip. At the end of this trip we will be meeting up with Deb and Al in Bendigo for the Jeep show which is over the weekend of 30th to the 2nd. 

1 2   Next