Largest 4X4/SUV convoy/parade record

Forum > Open Discussion
1 2   Next

Andy (Awesome Andy)
23 Jun 2016

Gday, 

id just like to let everyone on this great site aware that preparations are under way to host a venue in an attempt to break the Guiness Book of Records for the largest convoy/parade of 4x4's & SUV's.

It is a huge project and we are also looking for sponsors to hold a venue.

If anyone would like to voice some input with suggestions, please email myself at ajames67@live.com.

Look forward to your responses and suggestions.

Cheers.

Andy.....

()
23 Jun 2016

OK what's the current record?

Andy (Awesome Andy)
23 Jun 2016

() wrote:

OK what's the current record?

The current record is 3529 officially. That was the number of vehicles registered, but there are reports that it could have been as high as 8000 but due to not being registered in the official Log Book, could not be counted.

()
23 Jun 2016

Well have a think about it, if you got every vehicle to donate just $5 to a charity like beyond blue, then you could get Geoff Kennet behind it and possibly stirr up enough 4 wheelers to do it.

Or you could go down a bunch of other routes like one of the AFL/Cricket charities.

That would be a complete nightmare to arrange....... good luck.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
23 Jun 2016

There was something like this doing the rounds on facebook a week ago, but it was made clear no SUV's only proper 4wds.

It turned into a bit of a state V state shitfight in the end as to which state should host it .

Andy (Awesome Andy)
23 Jun 2016

Your right, and to have all of Australia in 1 destination would just be impossible. I think that there should be 1 in every state. Im from Victoria so il be concentrating here.

I suggest contact a charity and get there support, and yes I would donate $5+ towards it.  Have a drive from somewhere you can host say 1000 vehicles per state on a highway for a few Klms Bar-B-Q at the end. Beyond Blue is a good charity as it is nation wide. as my Dad always said no harm in asking. Big Job to organize.

()
27 Jun 2016

Even if you didn't get the record it would be a great effort.

Did you have an area in mind to do it?

Keep in mind an event with that many people will need a permit with the local council.

Enough toilet facilities will need to be provided, police informed, traffic management etc etc.

Andy (Awesome Andy)
27 Jun 2016

() wrote:

Even if you didn't get the record it would be a great effort.

Did you have an area in mind to do it?

Keep in mind an event with that many people will need a permit with the local council.

Enough toilet facil......

I have sent a request on pricing for Lardner Park in Warrigul. It could be a venue that could accommodate this type of event. And is close to Noojee as a destination once all vehicles were registered to break the record.
Have also sent the idea to Australian 4x4 to see if they will get on board to promote and sponsor.
Have thoughts of contacting the likes of ARB, TJM, 4WD SUPA CENTRE and the likes to sponsor and promote.
A similar event like the 4x4 show with a touch of Deni Ute Muster.
Could be an annual event to break the record.
Thoughts???

Steve
Steve (4WD_LYF)
16 Nov 2016

Hey guys, 

Just a heads up about the worlds largest convoy was recently held in Lancelin WA. They set the record at 448.

I'm a member of a page on facebook (over 3000 members) that was going to organise such an event in Victoria, however the organiser bailed so now it doesn't look like it's happening.

The mentioned page is a now a sitting duck with no one wanting to take the reigns and host.

I was thinking about taking it up but my idea would include a small fee ($20-$50) to make a weekend out of it at Robe beach.

Think about it, Robe is the perfect place for it because it's spacious and can accomadate for everyone, it's a great weekend getaway and the drive is long, but not long enough to have to stop and refuel, can you imagine 1000 4wds stopping for fuel at one servo? that would be a nightmare and would eat so much time.

I decided not to make an attempt at hosting because collecting fees would be a nightmare on it's own, too many people will encourage the idea and when it comes to payment.. thats when the world record for excuses happens. Most 4wders talk so much, they need a bucket near them for all the crap they dribble lol

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
16 Nov 2016

Hey guys, 

Just a heads up about the worlds largest convoy was recently held in Lancelin WA. They set the record at 448.

I'm a member of a page on facebook (over 3000 members) that was going to organise such an ev......

Steve , I could imagine this being a nightmare to set up , manage and especially collecting payments , I assume you have seen the trip posted here to help promote the 4wd Mega Muster, I know it's not setting out to create a world record but they are charging a fee as a fundraiser so lets see how that turns out , you could head out there and chat to the organizers .

It's a shame Roothy's convoy to Stockton Beach for Unlock Australia wasn't set up to be a world record, I believe they had over 1200 4x4s.

()
16 Nov 2016

Wouldn't the Monash freeway in peak hour have the biggest convoy of SUVs ? 😉

Wayne (Defender130)
16 Nov 2016

() wrote:

Wouldn't the Monash freeway in peak hour have the biggest convoy of SUVs ? 😉

No. The Monash during peak hour is classed as a car park not a convoy.😀

Wayne (Defender130)
16 Nov 2016

A couple of thoughts . . .

Great Ocean Road would be good drive for this.

Combine the world record attempt with a protest over unneccesary track closures.

Steve
Steve (4WD_LYF)
17 Nov 2016

Steve , I could imagine this being a nightmare to set up , manage and especially collecting payments , I assume you have seen the trip posted here to help promote the 4wd Mega Muster, I know it's not setting out to create a world record but......

Thats a great idea. I'm looking forward to the muster.. should be a good day for a bit of a yarn with like minded people

1 2   Next