1 2 3   Next
David
David (Paul Patrol)
16 Sep 2014

Hi peeps,

is anyone interested in doing a First Aid Course? If I get 20 or more interested I'll organise one. 

I think that because of our interest (4wding) & that more often than not we are hours away from medical assistance that it is a no brainer to have some basic First Aid skills & to know how to use a First Aid Kit properly.

The more people interested, the cheaper the course will be. I'm thinking Level 2 Course.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
16 Sep 2014

Great idea...definitely interested

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
16 Sep 2014

Im intrested depending on the date & Cost.

I em a Fisrts adder well i think im due for a refresuer as it has been a couple of years since i last did it & yes it was level 2.

Rupert (damige)
16 Sep 2014

I would be interested as i do dirt bike riding as well so would be very heplfull knowing first aid.

I did one recently in bourke st melb at melbourne cbd college. It cost $79 pp

Gavin
Gavin (VADER)
17 Sep 2014

Hey Guys,

Depending on when, where and how much I would be interested.

GAVO

this is the website i did mine from.  you do an online theory component first then go to the college in the city to do the practical side of the course.  the place is not far from parliment station melbourne.

http://www.firstaidtrainingmelbournecbd.com.au/

G'day David

Absolutely love to do this course but am chokkers for the rest of 2014. If you get a heap of numbers and consideration given to grouping another in early 2015, I'd definitely be up for it.

Cheers

DOC

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
18 Sep 2014

Great idea Dave ,I will do a course if you can book well in advanced.

Wayne (dragic)
19 Sep 2014

To david.

If you get enough people to do the first aid course.What will the cost be an were is the course going to be held because I might be interested.Thanks Wayne

David
David (Paul Patrol)
19 Sep 2014

Thanks for all of your interest in doing a First Aid Course.

I have emailed 3 different companies about their courses & I have had not one reply. They mustn't need the work?

ive explained that we are a 4wd group, would like to book for 20 (1st in best dressed), will their trainers travel to the suburbs to do the course & cost.

I have a bit of a crisis on the home front at the moment so I haven't chased them up since my initial emails. I will follow up with phone calls when I can during the week. Will look to book the course mid to late November to give everyone lots of notice.

David
David (Paul Patrol)
25 Sep 2014

Hi all. St Johns has replied. They have an option for a one day course. To do this course involves doing theory first & then one full day with aninstructer. Option 2 is two full days with an instructer.

My opinion is that people learn better with option 2 as you can ask questions as you go along.

With both options, they offer to come out to see us at a venue that suits. I can't book it in until I have a venue unless we go to their facility in Glen Waverley?

im leaning towards booking the course for the 1st weekend of December.

i can book for a minimum of 10 people & they will take up to a maximum of 20. The course cost is $220 per person. No deposit is required as they will send an invoice once the course is completed.

please send your feedback soon as I wiill endeavour to book the course in by Monday. 

Andy
Andy (andyh)
25 Sep 2014

Hi Guys,

I am a qualified first aider, have been for a while now, and can highly reccommed the 1 day course with St John, Apply First Aid, this is a certified level 2 course and you will all get a lot out of it.

Enjoy.

Andy

David
David (Paul Patrol)
07 Oct 2014

Righto, this is proving a nightmare to organise. Have tried 4 different organisations & none have responded. I officially give up.

be my guest if anyone wants to take over.

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
15 Oct 2014

Dave, I'd be keen to do a course as I had a First Aid ticket afew years back but it has expired and I need to renew it. Sorry to here you've had no luck, I seem to be good at organising thing and chasing people up. Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

1 2 3   Next