Night Drive at Cobaw

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
20 Jun 2016

Well, it was my first time driving Alcorns Track, wet and in the dark. Alcorns track is known as one of the toughest track at Cobaw State Forest. 

We ended up having 2 Jeeps with broken winches. Thanks to TREX GQ and everyone's help, they were recovered "technically". 

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
16 Jul 2016

Great video. I've only been to cobaw once , alcorns track looked tough enough in the daylight, I took the chicken track ! Something I've noticed on vids of alcorns is the ones that make it look easy go to the right at the first ledge? My group all went left and all but one (our Antony and his great ute) had trouble

any thoughts ?

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
31 Jul 2016

Great video. I've only been to cobaw once , alcorns track looked tough enough in the daylight, I took the chicken track ! Something I've noticed on vids of alcorns is the ones that make it look easy go to the right at the first ledge? M......

Hi Dennis
Did it a while back but i cant recollext whether youve seen the video.
This is the on board footage i have on youtube of alcorns in my triton.
I been looking at 4wd videos on youtube as i miss the old girl and somehow led myself back here...
I hope everyome is well and i look forward to getting anothwr rig soon.
Heres bertha doing it. Dont know which part of the track you talking left or right about but hopefully the footage goves you a clear indication of my path.
Regards
Georgie

https://youtu.be/cl8fn2EDId8

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
31 Jul 2016

Ps keep in mind these boys did it in the wet so my run felt like a walk in the park in the dry. None the less she is a difficult track amd i would only attemt with care amd at least 1 other vehicle