Andy
Andy (andyh)
12 Sep 2014

Hi guys..

Late notice i know, but i was thinking of heading into the easy tracks of bunyip via gembrook saturday late morning, just to give my car a run, i havent driven it since it was "Repaired" from and LPG problem and wouldnt mind giving it a litle drive around the nash creek loop and along the powerlines... Will prob not even need 4wd but a little play in some puddles and stuff would be the go.

So i was wondering......

1. What tracks are gated at the moment as i havent been into this state park since i dont know when....

2. If any newbys that havent yet got any basic easy track experence want to come out for an hour or two and follow me then thats cool.

All these tracks may have been gated and closed now so i guess, but like i say i really dont know as i stopped going there after the fun police closed all the tracks down first time.

Was thinking Blue Range Road, and nash creek loop - All the easy stuff, at the top of blue range road i was going to hook left down Andersons if it looks dry and not to rutted out, but I will most prob just do a ubolt at the intersection and come back the way i came in..

Like i say nothing exciting at all, I just wanna go for a little local drive to make sure i dont breakdown and gain some confidence in my LPG system for my next trip out !

Andy
Andy (andyh)
12 Sep 2014

Well i just looked on the parks vic website and the place is in full lock down, nothing open at all ... so maybe its not even worth the effort....

I wish my gps maps of warburton wasnt formatted :(

Trev (trevmas)
12 Sep 2014

Hey Andy

I'm new to this 4WD stuff so an easy one close to home would have been the go
Bad luck , just about had me hooked ! I
Better luck next time

Lets review in a couple of weeks time ?

Cheers

Trev

Andy
Andy (andyh)
12 Sep 2014

Yes mate, im happy to do an easy day at gembrook, and will do as soon as its open.... Like i say i havent been there in years - and was supprised to see that all tracks are closed.. even blue range road !!!

ah well i will def do a easy drive when its open again...

Dale Collins (Colli)
12 Sep 2014

I'll be keen to head out to gembroke depending on the date.

Andy
Andy (andyh)
12 Sep 2014

Yep cool. Will do a reccy drive when it all opens again in November and arrange an easy beginners drive for anyone who is keen on a really easyish day.

I'm no expert either btw. Lol

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
12 Sep 2014

Yep cool. Will do a reccy drive when it all opens again in November and arrange an easy beginners drive for anyone who is keen on a really easyish day.

I'm no expert either btw. Lol

I will be doing a Reccy run on the 2nd of November for the Girls day out on the 9th of November, if you want we can do a day of it.

Andy
Andy (andyh)
13 Sep 2014

Sounds good mate yeah. Keep me posted.. think 2nd will be ok . Will check the calendar.