Pauly
Pauly (Dagy)
02 Jun 2016

Looking at heading to Wombat long weekend to explore, never been there looking for direction on tracks to explore for the 3 days, easy to medium would be good not really interested in bog holes but enjoy mud and challenges. Please let me know or if you know the area and want to lead, myself and 3-5 othersor tracks for me to lead experianced drivers. Thanks

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
03 Jun 2016

Two sides to wombat, Blackwood side and Gisborne side. Gisborne side is the area known for most of the bog hole tracks but the tracks are like a freeway now so there are ways around. Andersons Mill, Distillery, Lloyds area. Blackwood has a lot of mining areas to explore, there are some good tracks out there too but most aren't marked. Back of Dales creek area and around the Nolan creek area are some fun tracks. Basically if you went searching for mines in those areas you will find a lot of easy/med stuff. Cheers.

Pauly
Pauly (Dagy)
03 Jun 2016

Two sides to wombat, Blackwood side and Gisborne side. Gisborne side is the area known for most of the bog hole tracks but the tracks are like a freeway now so there are ways around. Andersons Mill, Distillery, Lloyds area. Blackwood has a lot ......

Hi Alex thanks for that, got to organise a route for 3 days so will give the bogholes a miss but the other tracks you have mentioned sound interedting. Do you think it is better to base campsite somwhere or just wing it and camp where we feel like. Any recomendations appreciated.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
03 Jun 2016

There is a main campground at Firths park, does get a few people , has a dunny etc. There are heaps of bush camps all around the forest, along Blackwood rd following the river there are quite a few tracks that drop off to river side camps, Nolans crk has a camp ground, nice and flat, Lefrankies hut is a nice place if you get it to yourself , Colbrook reservoir , its a big place with lots of options. cheers

Jase (Grenade)
13 Jun 2016

Just saw this now Paul & I was there for the last 4 days. Just wondering if you ended up there & found anything? I found some tracks that were past hard & others that were really good touring tracks. Once I get my map back I can get you names for future reference if you'd like?