Matt
Matt (Matt86)
24 May 2016

Can anyone give me some hard tracks (twin locked GQ) to do around Tallarook?? Also does any of it get closed through winter?

Cheers

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
24 May 2016

Matt there are a couple of hard tracks; Steep and Phone the major ones. There are numerous track closures over winter with the two I mentioned as well, but many dont observe the closures of those two as they are not gated.

()
24 May 2016

Steep track has a gate on it Allan, but from memory, only at the top.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 May 2016

Anyone that drives closed tracks deserves the $4000 fine if cought, yes thats right $1000 / wheel so 2k for bikes and 4k for cars.

Phone and steep tracks are grouse !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
24 May 2016

() wrote:

Think you are right Mark....yes. Still dont understand why the authorities dont gate closed tracks at both ends; is fairly common to see only one end of a seasonally closed track have a gate....angry

Matt
Matt (Matt86)
25 May 2016

No Problems cheers guys I'm assuming they close the tracks just after Queens birthday weekend coming up but I'll ring the department before/if we go.

Cheers

()
25 May 2016

Have a look here Matt

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/safety/fire,-flood-and-other-closures/seasonal-road-closures2

Click on each region for the map of the area you want to go.

Some tracks got closed early this year on 1/5/16

Here is a list of all track closures for 2016

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/680287/SeasonalRoadClosure-list2016.pdf

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 May 2016

Thanks for that Mark, not that it is going to be a issue for me over winter....sad. Might be a good idea to post a new thread with the pdf so everyone can print out a copy to keep in their 4wds. As Discomatt said, fines are pretty big if caught driving closed tracks, so should be no excuse for anyone if they print off the list.

Noticed a few more seasonally closed tracks this year and finally Deep Ck 1, 4 & 5 are now on the list. Am sure some will be pissed off about this, but it might mean they will remain open long term over the summer months.

Matt, when you look at Tallarook; lots of seasonal closures including Steep and Phone tks.

Dennis (Dennis)
30 Jun 2016

() wrote:

Yep. Gated only at the top.

Was there the other week on a 4WDTrip outing. one of the guys in a lifted Patrol ute got up, but geez, the ruts were crazy deep.