D22 Drowning

Forum > General Discussion

The continuing saga of my D22. I tried to dip the lights? 

()
09 May 2016

Hey Don JT drowned his LC, he was insured with AAMI, they paid the claim ok. I really don't think you have anything to worry about, as long as you are strait with them and don't bullshit you should be fine. You were on a gazetted road and you just misjudged what looked like a puddle. Hell I have done that, just glad I had a snorkle.

I am starting to think that might be the best option. I am concerned about the electrics like the ECU etc, how they will survive. Water damage is a killer.

()
11 May 2016

Don what did you decide to do? If you are going to get the insurance company involved you better jump on it.

I decided on insurance, they picked it up yesterday. Now its just a wait to see what they will do, I expect a write off, but you never know, and if so How much they'll pay out.

Trying to decide on what to get next, thinking about GQ 4.2 na diesel, but its depends of funds.

()
11 May 2016

I decided on insurance, they picked it up yesterday. Now its just a wait to see what they will do, I expect a write off, but you never know, and if so How much they'll pay out.

Trying to decide on what to get next, thinking about......

If all your add on bits are not on the policy make sure you take them off the car.

Got everything except the winch and reverse camera. Ran out of time between phone call and tow truck arriving.

Just got the call from Youi. They are paying out for a write off. $10,800 including excess. Thats 10 days since the drowning.

()
17 May 2016

That's good they paid out, are you happy with the amount?

Also you should ask them if you can take the winch off the wreck as it wasn't on the policy.

I am happy yes. Not really fussed about the wich, I'll get a new one with rope rather than steel cable.

()
17 May 2016

I am happy yes. Not really fussed about the wich, I'll get a new one with rope rather than steel cable.

You could always grab it and put it on the back of your new rig.

Glad it worked out for you mate. I bet you had a few sleepless nights.