A "hard beginner" trip

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 May 2016

Love that video, haven't watched it in a while, thanks for re posting itsmiley

The first 5 minutes is Steep trk, then Phone track, the last hill climb section not sure of track name, that day was with some very experienced / good drivers with some very well set up vehicle.

One car ended up with a broken CV on Phone track, the rest unscathed

Lorraine
Lorraine (Loopy)
04 May 2016

() wrote:

10 points for enthusiasum mate, seems like there are a few that would like a truly beginner level trip, maybe run one of those and on your way past have a look and walk up steep track.

Here is one of Allan's trips there. 

This sounds ideal for us as beginners

()
04 May 2016

() wrote:

Your profile pic,that's not the start of the roll over was it? Looks very precarious up there lol

That looks familiar is it the start of fultons?

Lorraine, if no one runs one soon I'll do one soonish for you, depends on work family etc.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2016

() wrote:

That looks familiar is it the start of fultons?

Lorraine, if no one runs one soon I'll do one soonish for you, depends on work family etc.

Sure is.

()
04 May 2016

Love that video, haven't watched it in a while, thanks for re posting itsmiley

The first 5 minut......

Yeah, from the trip report wasn't that Tony in the POS Hilux? and didn't some bloke roar past afterwards in a Mahindra ute, then a Lada niva pissing themselves laughing at Tony's busted Hilux?

C'mon Matt about time you ran a trip mate, how about taking a small group out? Just looking at the calendar I can't do one for 6 weeks at least.

Rosco
Rosco (lenoir)
04 May 2016

That might be a little harder than I was expecting!! ;)

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2016

That was on a medium trip. I pushed a bit too far

Haven't done steep track yet but from what I've seen it looks tough but doable in a good stock vehicle.

Yes it is doable in a stock vehicle, My stock Navara did it easily

() wrote:

Why don't you run a trip Don, maybe just a 4 car one to start with.

I have thought about it, quite a few times, but I would prefer if I could remember the names of the tracks I take that would be suitable for beginners, medium etc. But the thought has crossed my mind.

() wrote:

10 points for enthusiasum mate, seems like there are a few that would like a truly beginner level trip, maybe run one of those and on your way past have a look and walk up steep track.

Here is one of Allan's trips there. 

At 3:50 in that video, that looked like Red Hill Track. I came down that in its entirity only to find the gate closed at Horans track end. Great track for experience but not for the beginners.

Wayne (Defender130)
05 May 2016

Phone Track is too hard for beginners. Steep Track going up might be also be too hard for beginners. All the Teehan's tracks were graded prior to summer and whilst they are steep they are easy in the dry but there's no access to pine plantation anymore. Red Hill track is lovely but closed at Strath Creek end. Perhaps start with Jenkins Tk from Davis Rd, then try Wheelers - it has one section which could test beginners. There's an uphill somewhere in the vicinity of Corner Tk, Cable Tk or Brandy Tk which might also test beginners. Try the loop around the reservoir - might have been graded, and try Mt Hickey Rd.

Mountain track from Mt Hickey Fire Tower is comfortable going down, a friend broke an engine mount in his Cruiser going up. 

There are quite a few tracks suitable for beginners.

()
05 May 2016

Mountain track from Mt Hickey Fire Tower is comfortable going down, a friend broke an engine mount in his Cruiser going up. 

There are quite a few tracks suitable for beginners.

Hey Don, are you saying Mountain track is hard going up? And not suitable for beginners?

my brother and i would be keen as to do some tough technical tracks have you posted a trip yet ?

Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next