A "hard beginner" trip

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next
Chris
Chris (jeep12)
04 May 2016

G day sounds like a great idea and I would be interested in joining you on that day and pushing my 4x4 and myself more than normal

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
04 May 2016

Winston, what happened to the trusty Paj? You guys all OK ?

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 May 2016

Agree with Allan, by all meens go have a look at Steep trk but walk it and check it out before driving it, I will bet you look and say maybe not today ...

don't even consider phone trk in a standard 4by

()
04 May 2016

G day sounds like a great idea and I would be interested in joining you on that day and pushing my 4x4 and myself more than normal

Chris remember the hill you passed up on that a few of us drove up? (where I banged my toolbox on the side)

Steep track is about 5 times harder.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2016

Ok, might be one to skip. I just know that the fj is amazingly capable in challenging conditions. Where others needed their lockers, we just cruised up no worries.

()
04 May 2016

10 points for enthusiasum mate, seems like there are a few that would like a truly beginner level trip, maybe run one of those and on your way past have a look and walk up steep track.

Here is one of Allan's trips there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQQiE8UoUEk

Also look at Heffernans Track off Wheelers track. I took a friend there for her first real 4wd trip and she loved it.

Being Tallarook, I would be keen on going too. Went up there 2 weeks ago, and going up again this Saturday.

Chris
Chris (jeep12)
04 May 2016

Hi Mark I do remember that track if that's true there's no way I would be a tempting that track thanks for the heads up perhaps they could consider other track that wouldn't be so challenging

()
04 May 2016

Also look at Heffernans Track off Wheelers track. I took a friend there for her first real 4wd trip and she loved it.

Being Tallarook, I would be keen on going too. Went up there 2 weeks ago, and going up again this Saturday.

Why don't you run a trip Don, maybe just a 4 car one to start with.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2016

() wrote:

10 points for enthusiasum mate, seems like there are a few that would like a truly beginner level trip, maybe run one of those and on your way past have a look and walk up steep track.

Here is one of Allan's trips there. 

Cheers for that Mark. Thats a different view to what I've seen and definitely not for stock. I'll wait till I get my GQ later this year.

As for the Paj aka Lemon. Caught a rut at a bad angle and lean and rolled it over a short grassy bank onto it's roof. No injuries apart from pride. Fortunately my wife wasn't on that trip.

()
04 May 2016

were you reversing?

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2016

() wrote:

were you reversing?

Nope. Forwards, down hill.

()
04 May 2016

Bugger!!  Where was that mate?

()
04 May 2016

Look on the bright side you can change your name from "Winston NJ" to something more colourful like "Winston Addidas sneakers"

()
04 May 2016

Your profile pic,that's not the start of the roll over was it? Looks very precarious up there lol

Previous   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next