1 2   Next
David
David (Paul Patrol)
04 Sep 2014

I'm thinking of running a beginners trip a weekend soon after the AFL grand final (I'm a footy tragic so will have to be when the footy's done).

The idea is to have a few experienced guys take out  newbies to 4wding to teach them the basics of fun & safe 4wding techniques. I was involved with one of these trips a couple of years back through another 4wd community forum & about 70 vehicles turned up & we ran 5 groups. Was huge & the feedback was positive.

anyhoo, I'm thinking of either Toolangi or Labatouche as both are close by & have lots of tracks.

could finish with late lunch & give awards.

thoughts?

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Sep 2014

I think it's a great idea. I ran a newbies trip few weeks ago with 14 cars. 

I am happy to help out if needed. What date is it? 

Sounds good!! Depending on the date we would like to join!

Mien

I would be keen to go, I have a bit of experience but always keen to learn more.

John C
John C (232)
04 Sep 2014

Great idea, I'd be in (inexperienced).

Hi David,

I would like to tag along as an experienced participant if that's Ok with you.

It should be a fun daysmiley

Cheers,

Evan 

i"m interested in joining the trip, would be good to meet some fellow newbies.

Mick
Mick (patrol28)
04 Sep 2014

Im interested depending on date thanks

David
David (Paul Patrol)
04 Sep 2014

I think I'm leaning towards Labatouche at this stage? I'll haven't got a date yet as I have to do homework as the next few months are really busy. What I'm thinking at this early stage is to offer a choice of heading up Friday arvo  & camp the night for those who wish & for the rest to meet at 8.30 for a 9.00 start (meeting place TBA). My plan is the trip is for the novice 4wdriver that would like to gain some knowlage & basic skills from some of us old timers. Most of the harder tracks are closed this time of year so for the more adventurist, this will be a very easy drive. I'd like to pass on info about wheel placement, track maintenance, using a spotter, recovering a stuck 4bie etc. I'd like to have maximum sized groups of 10 which would include a trip leader & a tail end Charlie (both must be experienced) looking after about 8 newbies. So if this trip creates a lot of interest we're going to need quite a few experienced people to take other groups. So far it looks like that a few of you are interested in joining this trip so I will post as an official trip with dates & times during the weekend.

stay tuned.

Sean (Seanrav)
04 Sep 2014

Rav and I are keen to join  you guys -  have average 4wd experience  but would  love to tag along

Graeme
Graeme (Patrol01)
04 Sep 2014

Hi Dave,

Depending on the date I would be interested in helping out as an experienced driver. I am a trip leader with my club as well as a driving instructor with 4WD Vic. Let me know the date as soon as you have worked it out and I will see if I am available.

Cheers Graeme (Patrol1).

Graeme
Graeme (Patrol01)
04 Sep 2014

Message deleted by the author.

Graeme
Graeme (Patrol01)
04 Sep 2014

Im interested depending on date thanks

Well look who else is here eh!!

Hi Mick

Cheers Graeme

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
04 Sep 2014

Depending on the date i would be willing to help out.

If your thinking about Labatouch that is my Fav Playground but  the 4WD tracks will be closed to Cup weekend.

I did a Girls Day Out there might have only been three of the but the feedback was good so i have decided to do another one when the tracks open in November.

David
David (Davidb)
05 Sep 2014

Great idea, I'm very keen 

1 2   Next