NSW Sydney 4wd

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
1 2   Next
J
J (Prado120)
14 Apr 2016

Hi All,

New to the forum just wanted to say hi and tee up with like some like minded people around sydney for a trip or two.

Thanks

Glen Sim (Awesim)
14 Apr 2016

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

I'm near Liverpool.

J
J (Prado120)
14 Apr 2016

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

I'm near Liverpool.

Bankstown, not far.

I dont know many tracks, I know the watagans pretty well. Would like to organise a one nighter over the long weekend? open to suggestions.

()
14 Apr 2016

Hi 

at this stage I dont yet have a 4x4. I am deciding whether 4x4 is something I want to get involed with. I think it will be but I need to convince the treasurer to spend the money.

Scott

J
J (Prado120)
14 Apr 2016

() wrote:

Hi 

at this stage I dont yet have a 4x4. I am deciding whether 4x4 is something I want to get involed with. I think it will be but I need to convince the treasurer to spend the money.

Scott

Scott, 

In my world its alot easier to ask for forgiveness than permission ha.

you should look at a older landcruiser or patrol $4000-$6000.

Glen Sim (Awesim)
14 Apr 2016

Bankstown, not far.

I dont know many tracks, I know the watagans pretty well. Would like to organise a one nighter over the long weekend? open to suggestions.

Never been to the Watagans, heard its a car crusher. so ive keep away.

I have a 98 Ti Patrol, as my daily drive.

I done plenty of tracks around the blue mountains & southern highlands

()
14 Apr 2016

is that enough to get a reliable vehicle?

I dont care about the looks. I am probably going to mess them up anyway.

J
J (Prado120)
14 Apr 2016

Never been to the Watagans, heard its a car crusher. so ive keep away.

I have a 98 Ti Patrol, as my daily drive.

I done plenty of tracks around the blue mountains & southern highlands

Watagans main tracks are nothing to worry about, if you go off the main track there can be some hairy stuff.

I'd be happier to look at new tracks, blue mts and southern highlands sounds good.

Don (Maddon)
14 Apr 2016

Watagans main tracks are nothing to worry about, if you go off the main track there can be some hairy stuff.

I'd be happier to look at new tracks, blue mts and southern highlands sounds good.

plenty good stuff around lithgow -- i love the lost city although the track is not much of an achievment and the suspension bridge over coxs river is very nice although you could get there in a subaru

Dan (Captain_America)
14 Apr 2016

Hi, we are in Ingleburn and very likely to go 4wd in every 2nd weeks. We love exploring new tracks. 

Dan (Captain_America)
14 Apr 2016

plenty good stuff around lithgow -- i love the lost city although the track is not much of an achievment and the suspension bridge over coxs river is very nice although you could get there in a subaru

I agree, we have done the Cox river water crossing and got to mount Walker. Was awesome !!

Don (Maddon)
16 Apr 2016

I agree, we have done the Cox river water crossing and got to mount Walker. Was awesome !!

have you done lost city ? its great as well but nothing major with the track / when i get about the tracks i like points of interest not really the track itself -- i use my work truck so cant do anything spectacular as it is stock and needs to be available at any time for jobs around town / still we did cape york last year  and billy goat // blue rag and ingeegoodbee over easter - dont get out enough as there is always something going on -- the barringtons are beautiful also and well worth the extra distance

Dan (Captain_America)
16 Apr 2016

have you done lost city ? its great as well but nothing major with the track / when i get about the tracks i like points of interest not really the track itself -- i use my work truck so cant do anything spectacular as it is stock and needs to ......

We are going to do Cape York next year and plan for Victoria High country some times too. Going to Tom groggin camp ground as its a beautiful place to stay. We haven't done the lost city but thinking of doing the Private Town it next few weeks and stockton sandune. I got standard 98 cheerokee 4.0litre and some lights, snorkel. Will get a lift kit and roof top tent 

Don (Maddon)
16 Apr 2016

We are going to do Cape York next year and plan for Victoria High country some times too. Going to Tom groggin camp ground as its a beautiful place to stay. We haven't done the lost city but thinking of doing the Private Town it next few we......

let me know when you plan the vhc / i am planning to do the mt buller  touristy stuff [ craigs hut / howqua  / bindaree falls etc \ or haunted stream working around the closed sections

Greg
Greg (OlGoat)
18 Apr 2016

G'Day All,

I'm from the Central West NSW and have travelled quiet a few of the tracks around the Lithgow / Oberon / Bathurst and Orange areas.

The tracks are from Mild to Wild and there is also an abundence of History from Gold Digging to Oil Shale Mine relics along with some beautiful campgrounds.

If you are interested in exploring the area, I would suggest a book from Boiling Billy Publications, "4WD Treks Close to Sydney". This will give you treks notes to all the major tracks in the area at a grade most comfortable to you.

https://www.boilingbilly.net.au/

See you on the tracks

Cheers

Greg

1 2   Next