Time to drop the email system.

Forum > Open Discussion
Previous   1 2 3

()
01 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Jason, I think sometimes people give suggestions to make the trip more fun, not just for themselves, but for the whole group. I know in the past things have been suggested to me and after thinking about it, the reaction is often, yeah that woul......

Mark you are right in what you say , also im not the boss of Bunyip and everyone can do what ever they wish but also I think its common knowlage that if a person post a trip that they do not want people organizing a trip within a trip as it makes them feel that the trip they posted was not good enough , im allowed to be pissed off about this it ruined my last trip I tried to do , also this forum is a completely different thing to my trip , 

()
01 Sep 2016

Maybe remove them from your trip if they are doing that. And tell them to post there own if they arnt happy with the leaders plan.

()
01 Sep 2016

I know what you mean mate but they are entitild to do whatever they want as long as it does not interfier with my trip i was just making a point of the morrel issue that maybe they should have done it with private messages rarther than within my trip , no harm done . thanks for the reply

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Mark you are right in what you say , also im not the boss of Bunyip and everyone can do what ever they wish but also I think its common knowlage that if a person post a trip that they do not want people organizing a trip within a trip as it mak......

Yes, has slightly gone off track, but nothing wrong with broadening the discussion. Obviously you have had a couple of bad experiences JC, but dont let that get in the way of participating in this excellent site that Kelvin has put in a lot of time, effort & $$$ to set up. Whilst I am sure Kelvin would like most trips to be public, as I have said before, there are times when a private trip makes sense due to the nature of that particular trip and Kelvin has set up the site to allow that.  Again, it might be a hard trip when the tripleader wants people/vehicles he or she knows, or it might be a weekender or longer when again the trip leader wants people he/she knows get on well together.  I understand your frustration when some try to rearrange a trip that you have organised. I must admit it would probably annoy me a little also. By the same token, as Mark quite rightly pointed out,  having a little bit of flexibility to alter plans can often work out well. I know that on a few of my trips some have put up a suggestion to change the original route etc and we have done so if ALL of the group are in agreement.  Another example is a trip I am going on in the next few months and I wanted to extend it by a day. Contacted the tripleader to ask if he was ok with that and to ask any of the other participants if they wanted to also stay out an extra day. Tripleader was fine with that, but the key thing in my opinion anyway, was to ask the tripleader 1st.

()
01 Sep 2016

ive deleted the posts i put up because this is a forum it has nothing to do with what i say on my trip,they are 2 seperate things and they should never have been made into one , I will never post anything on a forum again . im not out to upset anyone especially people who joined my trip and inocently said they were going to get there a day early. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 Sep 2016

() wrote:

ive deleted the posts i put up because this is a forum it has nothing to do with what i say on my trip,they are 2 seperate things and they should never have been made into one , I will never post anything on a forum again . im not out to upset ......

Hey mate, I don't know the details but from what I have read, it seems that someone in your trip tried to change your trip plan. I have run around 25 trips since I launched the site in 2014. I have come across several times that people tend to be very opinionated and slowly changed or even challenged your trip plan. 

Look, there are always people like this out there but they are only minority on our sites. There are plenty of awesome people out there who would enjoy your trip and respect you as trip leaders. Like other said, it's good to be flexible a bit but remind them that you are the trip leader and planner, and you can make the final decision. 

Anyway, don't take it too seriously. Enjoy 4wding and have fun :) 

Previous   1 2 3