Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
05 Apr 2016

I noticed a new trip posted going up Valencia ck tk and onto mt Wellington and then on and on ,that looked a bit long for an old fella like me , but it got me thinking about going up Valencia ck tk and spend the night at millers hut on mt Wellington . Go out to the sentinels and look at lake Tali Karng , then back down old moroka rd and end up where we started.

Now I've never been along old moroka rd and wondered if its a road or a track,hard or easy ? At the southern end it follows valencia creek and on google maps looks scenic

It starts in the south at the town? Of Valencia creek as moroka rd and winds north and turns into old moroka rd then moroka range tk and onto mt Wellington. This is not the moroka rd that runs up to the pinnacles

anyone got any ideas?

Not sure when I could do it, just kicking round an idea at the moment. 

Dennis

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
05 Apr 2016

Dennis, drive along Mt Wellington Tk is easy, but very slow progress. Well worth it though.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
05 Apr 2016

Dennis, drive along Mt Wellington Tk is easy, but very slow progress. Well worth it though.

Thanks Allan, I've been along mt Wellington tk a long time ago , really after info on old moroka rd and moroka range tk

()
06 Apr 2016

We came down the rd next to it last week marathon rd,that was just a dirt rd but nice scenery and a lot of tracks running off it, not much help with your question,but same area.

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
06 Apr 2016

Did the lower third of old moroka rd in november. That section is an original track. Carved into the mountian by pick and shovel. When horses and bulocks were only mode of transport. Hence the track has no steep sections and is carved into the sides of the hills. Makes a very picturesque drive. Little overgrown but nothing major. And very narrow. Worth the trip.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
06 Apr 2016

Did the lower third of old moroka rd in november. That section is an original track. Carved into the mountian by pick and shovel. When horses and bulocks were only mode of transport. Hence the track has no steep sections and is carved into the sides ......

thanks for that daniel

i believe it was one the first routes the cattlemen used to get to the high plains

so how far up did you go? i would like to go that way to mt wellington

Daniel
Daniel (wj_dan)
06 Apr 2016

Only went as far as mt angus tk.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
06 Apr 2016

Only went as far as mt angus tk.

havnt got a map close by ,is that the one that goes across to valencia ck tk?