We have to act now

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Jim
Jim (JimMc)
02 May 2016

It is very simple if we all don’t stop driving in the mud, leaving rubbish, Craping behind trees along the tracks (Dig a hole and cover it) chopping down trees, lighting campfires all over camp sites, the list go’s on and on If you would not do it in your front yard then DON’T DO IT IN THE BUSH. If we don’t stop we will be locked out for good!  

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
02 May 2016

Well said Jim but sadly most just don't get it, how many times have we seen people who want to go out just because its been raining heaps...

Track distruction is just another part of bush bastardry along with rubbish and crapping everywhere

Jim
Jim (JimMc)
03 May 2016

Well said Jim but sadly most just don't get it, how many times have we seen people who want to go out just because its been raining heaps...

Track distruction is just another part of bush bastardry along with rubbish and crapping everywhere

I'm off to the outback in June, I will be making some new youtube videos up like how to crap in the outback I think I have to make them up like I'm talking to a child for any one to have a look at them and talk about the problem. We must fix it or we will only be able to watch videos from the past.

The Quote I'm scared of is

Question "Grand dad can we go 4x4ing like you use to on youtube"

Answer  "No son we are lock out now because we could not clean up the way we used the bush" 

Think about it the lock out is coming!

()
03 May 2016

I wonder if this is a problem in other countries?

Do our close neighbours across the ditch have this problem?

BTW Matt which area were you talking to the parks people? I don't doubt the story at all, just curious as to the area in question.

Also I'm not fond of bog holes, mud is nasty on the car and a bugger to clean off, so I go around if there is another route, but how big of a problem are the people that "play in the mud" is that a big part of what the parks guys don't like? Maybe it will be a case that most tracks become seasonally closed???

If so perhaps trips shouldn't be focusing on bog holes, some trips even have it in the title!!

()
03 May 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
03 May 2016

Jim, your video's do make a difference, good friends of ours have never been into 4wdig as such but are about to buy a new 4wd and off road camper to travel this great land and in doing research have come accoss your "how to crap in the bush" video and liked / shared it on facebook.

The Ranger I spoke to was a Yarra Rangers Ranger who works in my local area and knew people in Parks Vic., it was just general conversation and he said that it would be a state wide thing IF it did happen but as he said if attitudes don't change it is inevitable.

As far as bog holes and track trashing that is all part of it because at the end of the day they are not there for us, they are there for fire fighting and park management so if a standard 4by with a good driver can't get through they must be maintained and that is where $$ come into it so better for authorities to close it rather than constantly pour more and more $$ in.

I have made comment and sent PM's regarding going out after excessive rain but most of the time it falls on deaf / ignorant ears, although one trip was cancelled much to the credit of the trip leder / organiser.

If this was my forum there would be very strict standards in regards to " Mud Runs" etc that cause excessive track degradation and exacerbate the issues.

The one thing going for us is the other side of the coin, without 4wding lots of industries, workshops and local towns would suffer massive financial problems so that keeps the tracks open for now.

()
03 May 2016

Someone posted a link to this video in another thread in regard to track conditions in Gembrook at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsuFhYdS74Y

What friggin meatheads.

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
03 May 2016

() wrote:

Someone posted a link to this video in another thread in regard to track conditions in Gembrook at the moment.

What friggin meatheads.

Idiots, that is what they are.

()
03 May 2016

Yes, well they probably wouldn't like it if you did some dohnuts on their front lawn.

Basically this kind of behaviour is in fact destruction of public property, no different to some asshole spraypainting a train. Just vandals.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 May 2016

Negative I am, but think those who think they can educate the new breed of 4wders are 'dreamin'. The '4wd culture' has changed and respect for what we have is irrelevant to a large majority.

Jim
Jim (JimMc)
03 May 2016

() wrote:

What friggin meatheads.

I have just posted this masage on the video there is no need to tear up any track in this way.

This is the dickhead behavior that will get every 4x4er lock out of the park, keep it up and you will be able to tell your grand kids no you cannot go 4x4ing as we did we got every one lock out. You think this is bullshit time will see if I'm right.

()
03 May 2016

Negative I am, but think those who think they can educate the new breed of 4wders are 'dreamin'. The '4wd culture' has changed and respect for what we have is irrelevant to a large majority.

The days of men like Malcolm douglass and Les Hiddens (bush tucker man) as role models are long gone sadly the young crowd look up to the complete F'wits from 4WD action, who just plant the foot and rip the shit out of anything in their path with as much mud flying as possible. That's what the young dorks have been taught to look up to.

Sadly the tread lightly crowd have been way too quiet.

Real 4Wd'ers look after their country, not trash it.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 May 2016

() wrote:

The days of men like Malcolm douglass and Les Hiddens (bush tucker man) as role models are long gone sadly the young crowd look up to the complete F'wits from 4WD action, who just plant the foot and rip the shit out of anything in their pat......

Agree re; 4wd Action Mark but some youtube videos are just as bad. Whilst I like a challenging track from time to time, some of the stuff posted it just beyond comprehension. But again, today it seems as though 4wding  is all a competition, 'I have a bigger dick than you' etc etc. Must admit, didnt think the video you linked was all that bad in the main, yes some difficult tracks but they didnt do anything bad as they were open tracks. The last bit with the bogholes was the 'fckwit bit', but it is pretty common these days.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how much crap we encounter on our upcoming trip. BTW, O'Tooles campground was apparently vandalized recently and I suspect some of the new huts will have graffitti by now. As I said, the new breed of 4wders who dont give a shit about anything and cannot be educated at all.

()
03 May 2016

I think the most important thing everyone needs to learn is that these tracks are not made for 4WD'ers.

They are parks tracks and fire tracks, which are maintained by parks and councils.

If we stuff the tracks to a point where they can't drive on them in a normal 4wd then the parks guys get pissed off.

I really think making people cough up cash and having a nat/state parks track licence is a good way forward. 

Perhaps make it a levy on EVERY 4wd so even the toorak tractors cough up for it? That would bring in huge funding to the tracks.

If the toorak tractor crowd don't like it, then don't drive a 4 wheeler!!

But ultimately dickheads need to stop being dickheads.

()
03 May 2016

Just have a look at these clowns, fast forward to 19.20 when the turd flings his smashed windscreen over the side of the track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GO6uMJoJLo

Previous   1 2 3   Next