Georgie's Interesting But Irrelevant Information...

Forum > Open Discussion
George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
31 Mar 2016

Seen this on another forum and thought i would start my own here, Given that my life consists of so many different worlds I thought i would start a blog here so for those that I dont get to see as often as i did before can still touch base with me and are kept in the lurch with how ive been and what Ive been up to... 

So for those of you that dont know, I bit the bullet and sold my 2013 Mitsubish Triton GLX

She was 3 years old, had 80 thousand Kays and had to be one of the most modified Tritons out there... 
You can find all the info about my rig in its build thread or in my profile ;)

So concidering I dont have Facebook as i find it a deterent from life (consumes me and dont do any work as i waste a lot of time on it) 
I thought the best way i can keep in touch with you all is by starting up a thread where i can keep you updated and how i have been and gives us the oportunity to communicate with you all and say Gday. 

So... Once i watched the new Owner drive away with my rig, it kind of hit me.... 

Where to Now that I'm no longer 4wding???

For starters I can honestly say that the friends i have met from owning a 4wd are like no other, Thats why even though i have gotten rid of my vehicle I still want to catch up and speak to my circle of friends I have made over here as I enjoy your company even if you dont enjoy mine... ;)

I guess you can say youre kinda stuck with me ;)

So for those that dont know i am a plumber that runs my own business..
Work can be tough on the tools but it can be tougher for a tradie off them... 
We are programmed to work hard and fast (no sexual connotations) or (pun intended) so most of us tradies do find the paper work side of things annoying... Slap me in front of a computer to do invoicing and somehow i have managed to open another tab, open youtube, watch some videos, jump on this forum and what do you know here i am.

I enjoy running my own business but now that my passion has been sacrificed due to up coming life changing moments I will have to refrain from buying another 4wd for quite some time now... 

The last 3 or so years have been quite a whirlwind for me but in a good way... In this time, i have met my mrs, bought our home, started a business, proposed in bali, and got married on Boxing Day last year so a good 3 months in...  

I didnt really get an oportunity to go on a honeymoon nor did i get to enjoy a summer break as Work really got the better of me... 
RUnning a small Plumbing Company that is Reactive Maintenance Based means that no matter what, I have to provide a great service for my clients and contractors and things need to be done at the drop of a hat... 
I believe i am also the only idiot that woke up in a hotel room the very next day of my wedding and woke up my newly wedded "Hungover" wife to let here know we need to check out as i just had a job come in that i have to get too... ( 12 apartments in camberwell had no hot water) so as you can Imagine being a sunday morning, finding one of your contractors to head over to sort it out was going to be a problem as most of them were at my wedding and looking a little worse for wear when i last saw them lol

I dint really get much time off over the summer break either ,as i found that most plumbers take time off so considering that many people are off work this is the period where more things go wrong at home so needless to say ,the phone was ringing hot.

During this dilusional period of my summer being so hot and busy, the wife also decided to tel me it would be a great idea to start some renovations on the house.... How the hell she convinced me I have no idea... It wasnt like i dint already have a lot on my plate as it was....

Before you knew it, i had stripped two plastered walls ripped out our old kitchen and cabinietry, sink and oven and the back end of thehouse where the old kitchen used to be was nothing but a shell...

Being in this field myself and coming from a family of 5 boys who are all plumbers sparkies and chippes (1, 2 , 2) and being my own house, I really enjoyed doing it as you really get to see some outstanding results along the way... 

Unfortunaltely for me , the mrs is not really privvy to the construction game so unfortunately she has no idea of time and effort involved in doing such a huge renovation... Vanessa also doesnt like to be bored with the detail, she just wants a simple yes or no answer when she asks can it be done? Of course my simple response was "Yes"

She was hugely overwhelemed when she came home one day to find props cut through the plaster holding the ceiling up and more props going through the ceiling holding the roof up whilst 10 blokes are dancing around the dining/ kitchen supporting a 6.2 metre 300 kilo beam with a duct lift trying to manouver it into place so we can get rid of the existing load bearing walls... 

During this stage and at the height of renovation turmoil working all day on the tools for work and nights at the house i was working frantically on my own after the boys left ... Trying to do as much as i can before i crashed out to bed... 

My wife has a rather disturbing trait that when she wants to tell me something , rather than coming over and letting me know, will shout my name from the other end of the house expecting me to drop what im doing and tend to her beck and call.... I dont mind doing so but unfortunately this always seems to happen when im up on a ladder or am busy lifting things and cant just drop what im doing to tend to her needs.... (can any of you relate?)

GEORGEEEEEEEEE!!!! she yelled and I gave her a big fat WHATTTTTTT????? (my poor neighbours) as i started to march down the hall way towards her.... She came out yelling " I KNEW IT I KNEW IT " and litterally jumped on me holding a pregnancy test.... "Im Pregant!" she said!

We are now expecting our first child due in October and needless to say we are both extatic.... 

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER GONE DOWN THIS PATH..... AND FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE NEVER RENOVATED A HOUSE DURING A PREGNANCY.... I HIGHLY RECOMEND YOU DONT DO THESE TWO TOGETHER LOL

Once we found out Vanessa was pregant, life has pretty much been about our unborn baby... Obstetriton appointments, doctors appointements, dealing with Hormones and walking on egg shells has been absolutely mind blowing, all whilst trying to work the back side off and finish the reno's....

One thing i can say is that prior to my wife being pregant I realised just how selfish I was as a person and am still going through the transitional stage of trying to adapt to the change in our life...

I started to pay a bit more attention to my wives emotional and physical needs, yet she would say I do nothing for her lol

I highly believe that just as a bird knows its going to deliver its baby eggs and starts to "Prepare the Nest" women too go through a natural "Nesting " stage... 

Knocing over the work I have done at home in 2 months has been tiring, not only di we renovate the kitchen with a new 24 square metre kitchen (6mx 4 metre ) but we also knocked down two load bearing walls and re sanded and polished the entire floors which required everything that was on the floors to be relocated to the bedrooms so we could re do 82 square metres of florring too... 

Needless to say Living with the mother in law for a week whilst doing the floors was absolutely fantastic.

In the end we managed to get it all sorted and the kitchen is pretty much done... 
All that is needed is a few little things like downlights installed and a bit of caulking but the kitchen is completely operational and is being out to use by the wife as i dont know how to cook to save myself and she has to be one of the greatest cooks i know so it goes hand in hand.

I guess for me life tends to be pretty full on... A lot has happened in the last 3 years and if you stop to grasp or try to appreciate what has happened you fall behind.... 

There are a few different things I wish to tackle in the next couple of years as i plan on doing some different ventures and some exciting new things...

Unfortunately i do not know how long before i get another rig, but for the time being I need to concentrate on the things i have at hand in order for me to be in the position to allow myself the time to get another one so i can spoil myself again and head out doing the things i love.... 

Hopefully once the baby comes along things settle and when he gets to about 3 to 4 years old i can but another rig so i can head out with my child like many of you do... 

Im tired, but i have lots of energy, Im scared, but im extremely fearless, I'm saddened by the loss of my 4bee but also feel like the happiest man alive... 
We are only human, it is completely normal for us to feel the High's as it is the Low's...
Whatever your situation in life believe me when i say , if you feel its bad, there are worse out there, and that it can always be turned around... 

Love yourselves, love your partners, love your families and most importantly love what you do... 

Sometimes it all get s a little full on for me, but i honestly love what i do , and wouldnt have it any other way... 
In the next few years i plan on doing a few little different projects and would like to pursue this hooby (4wding) in a bit of a different path to the norm... I got a couple of things in mind and am trying to piece some things together so i can still be in touch with the greater 4x4 community...

Wishing you are all well in the 4wd world at the moment and i look forward to seeing you all out on the tracks again soon... 

Until my next post... 

Take care 
Georgie!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
31 Mar 2016

nice one Georgie, I can relate to a lot of all that, just 25 years ahead of you cheeky

Think things are caotic and busy now...

Ha Ha you ain't seen anything yetsurprise

Wait untill the pitter patter of little feet and the emotions from have a child hit the home....post natal fun...

One bit of advice, love, listen and always make time for you AND you AND the better half, its really easy to grow apart after kids arrive but from my experience, the family will be the most rewarding part in your life

Looking forward to the next update

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
31 Jul 2016

Wow..
31st of march seemed so long ago.
Where do i start.
Well, to tell you guys the truth i honestly really am starting to miss my 4wd, yet up until the last few weeks i didnt really even get a chance to think of her.

Work has been very full on at the moment and am working on average 6 days a week between 7am and 7 pm then i get called out to at least 1 or 2 emergency call outs every night.
Given that its 1am in the morning as you can imagine i just got back home not long ago so next thing you know here i am.

Work is good but busy and unfortunately for me i still yet to go on a break and yet to of gone om a honeymoon.
Currently my wife is now 30 weeks pregnant amd we are expecting our little girl to be born around mid october.

Given that i am missing 4wding as of late i have been thinking really hard about what i do.
Though works great at the moment i didnt want to just go out and buy another car so am trying to think of the best and easiest option.

So...
Im thinking.
Im looking at possibly buying a gq patrol and it must be the follwing...
1 under 5 grand
2 pre 92 model so i can club reg it

Not too concerned with it being more than 5k but im pretty sire i can find something if i stick to my guns amd budget.

Omce i buy it i want to strip it amd do a bit to it as i dont like to eave things standard.
Preferably front amd rear lockers lift tyres crawlers and an ls1 but not necessarily in this order.

Realistically speaking i am putting my feelers out there from now but kinda hoping to buy after the baby is born amd things at home have somewhat setted.

I just invested close to 20k on a new hydro jetter with a 5000psi water pump and a 23hp vanguard engine which is used on a daily basis for unblocking drains amd drain cleaning... part of this package was also a 200 litre water tank and all the reals bozzles etc.
I also purchased the cctv camera inspection gear and the lap to to suit along with the locator so its kinda been an expensive year.

Anyway.
I hope everyone in the 4wd world is well and though i may not post much these days i do give the site the odd look to see whats happening..

Wishing you all the very best amd i look forward to talking to you all soon.

Kind Regards
Georgie

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
01 Aug 2016

Georgie, great to here from you and congrats on the impending birth, your gunna need some time for yourself soon so get that GQ and sort it out, then we will go bush light a fire, drink and tell stories