Thomas's Toolangi Trip.

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2

Trav (dungarover)
29 Mar 2016

Anothe bloody Disco, Matt will be happy....wink. Might see out on the tracks one day Trav.

Thanks, I'll try and get out on a few trips just getting some funds togethert to throw on some decent rubber and all should be good.

Look forward to the video when you do get it loaded up.

Trav

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
29 Mar 2016

Wow keep calm Mark, not good for the blood pressuure mate. I didn't even realise there was a no show till Allan mentioned it in the trip report. We met at the allocated time, I was a little late because we went to the bakery for breaky firs......

When other people on the trip didn't realize there was a "no show" makes me think it wasn't to much of a problem (I might be wrong) . so in turn you guys think it's ok to go against the spirit of the site and make your own rules banning people that don't come up to your standards ? . If that's the way the site is going it will end up a boys club , people will always let you down , and sometimes it's not their fault .... As I've said it is disrespectful to not check in and then not turn up , but making your own rules to suit yourself is just as bad . There's no need to burn people at the stake ..... Wait 15 mins and if you haven't heard from them go .......

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
30 Mar 2016

When other people on the trip didn't realize there was a "no show" makes me think it wasn't to much of a problem (I might be wrong) . so in turn you guys think it's ok to go against the spirit of the site and make your own......

No worries Luke, everyone is entitled to their opinion, (yours and mine are different) but each to their own. As said previously, Trip Leaders may have different theories/ procedures when running a trip and to be perfectly frank, I'm not too sure if Tom even had a list of the participants. Again, probably best to keep our comments in the  appropriate 'no show' thread rather than here. Any have finally uploaded the video of our trip, not perfect as didnt have a huge amount of time to edit properly etc....sad

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
30 Mar 2016

great clip ,thanks for that. i havnt been to toolangi,looks interesting

dennis

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
30 Mar 2016

great clip ,thanks for that. i havnt been to toolangi,looks interesting

dennis

Thanks Dennis, I plan to run a trip up there in the next month or so before the seasonal closures.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
30 Mar 2016

I will keep a look out. I've got a lot on at the moment, but would like to get out. See how we go

Trav (dungarover)
30 Mar 2016

Good Vid and looks like some good tracks as well, haven't been to Toolangi before either.

Trav

()
01 Apr 2016

When other people on the trip didn't realize there was a "no show" makes me think it wasn't to much of a problem (I might be wrong) . so in turn you guys think it's ok to go against the spirit of the site and make your own......

Luke, this isn't the place for a slanging match, but just to clarify something, I never said ANYTHING about banning anyone from the site, I suggested to leave a simple factual account without any nasty personal comments on the drivers profile, that way the trip leader will be able to see if he/she is a no show risk. AND I think the spirit of the site is fellow drivers having fun together and DOING THE RIGHT THING BY ONE ANOTHER and the tracks they drive on. As far as I can see no shows have an opposing train of thought.

Ricky
Ricky (R1XSTA)
29 Apr 2016

Thanks for the pics, Al! Great job as always

Was a fun day out and good to be out with someone that loved mud more than I do although showed primarily how annoying it is when you have to wait for someone to get out of being stuck haha.

Cockpit and Blowhard was a fun day out, although yes recently graded still had a good experience and given we were at these tracks a week prior needing to wait an hour for 1 car to make it up blowhard that we all made it up within 5 minutes is astounding as to the difference a bit of rain makes to a track.

Unfortunately after snapping my blades I needed to call it a day and it took me nearly 3 hours to get home as I had to pull over every time the temp got up to 100 degrees. I have now fixed that issue and replaced the broken viscuous hub that was causing my issues as well as have a replacement fan in the car at all times!

Al - I am looking forward to you running another trip at Toolangi. I really enjoy the area and want to become more comfortable with the tracks and locations to run trips myself in this area without the need for paper maps.

I think we have some photos, unfortunately my GoPro stuffed up and corrupted all videos on the SD card.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
29 Apr 2016

Good to hear fan is all fixed now Ricky.  Bugger about the video footage but looking forward to seeing the pics that Tegan took. Also happy to take you up to Toolangi again in the near future.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
05 May 2016

Hey great video!! Question.. Do you have a gimbal stabiliser for your dash cam?

()
10 May 2016

() wrote:

Turds that don't show up for a trip need to be outed!

I have been f'd up by a no show, we waited for over an hour for Scottstonekillers member 340 to show up.

When I alerted him to his misgivings he was pissed off ......

Good Call Mark I am  sick of it also what ps me off  the most is when there are five spots on a trip or similar and someone takes one when in fact they are only interested in going and just making sure that they have secured a spot incase they do decide to go this has happened on 3 out of 5 of the recent Bunyip/Gembrook trips unfortunatly i cannot see any way around it you see some people call at the last minute witch is anoying to trip organizers and other people who wanted to go but no spots left but some people dont call at all and then the next week you catch the name on there again.

()
10 May 2016

Well mate it's pretty simple, if they don't show up name them.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
11 May 2016

() wrote:

Good Call Mark I am  sick of it also what ps me off  the most is when there are five spots on a trip or similar and someone takes one when in fact they are only interested in going and just making sure that they have secured a spot in......

Maybe put someting in the thread' Those who dont turn up on Trips' in the forum under general discussion.

Previous   1 2