Cobaw state forest

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations

Hey guys,

heading out to cobaw state forest on Sunday for the first time. Just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on a few good tracks to go on? 

Adam (Adrock)
18 Mar 2016

Couldn't tell you off the of my head the tracks out there, but I can say that some of it can be pretty treacherous so take good care.

James
James (JamesGU)
18 Mar 2016

what setup are u running

Adam
Adam (zem100)
18 Mar 2016

Agree there are some pretty gnarly tracks and if it is getting the rain that we are getting in the city right now it's going to be very interesting! 

Take it easy if going solo unless you are ok with panel damage 😁

James
James (JamesGU)
18 Mar 2016

oh  i see in ur profile.  do u have a map,  soil pit tracks good fun, alcorns track is also good.  stumpy tracks fun going up and just follow ur nose for the rest.  its a small forest so provided u can drive and know how to pick a line youl have a great timeyes

Hi i agree with Adam with this rain we have had its going to make it very interesting  its been a few yrs since i was up there its a small area but some very interesting tracks with some big rocks. I sugessted you dont got witha stock truck min 2 inch lift make shore you have recovery gear and some good rubber  Have fun

James
James (JamesGU)
18 Mar 2016

the cobaws isnt too bad in the rain,  hees twin locked so i dont see an issue.  last time i was there the rain was torrential and we had to leave a vehicle at the bottom of alcorns due to mechanical failure and not being able to drive it out under its own power.  but the rest of the day was fine.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
18 Mar 2016

if your not keen on Alcorns etc, head around pinnacle and goochs tk way, few twisty ruts and other tracks that run off. 

A map or gps will be handy.

Ricky
Ricky (R1XSTA)
18 Mar 2016

Send me a PM with your email. I can shoot you through a route that I made.

I went to Cobaw with my stock Navara and had no problems, but I didn't push my luck by taking any risks either. I handled the medium tracks with ease.

Send me a PM with your email. I can shoot you through a route that I made.

Schwater@hotmail.com

cheera for the help man :) 

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
31 Mar 2016

Schwater@hotmail.com

cheera for the help man :) 

Hey benny nice rig mate, 
You still live out broady way ? Im always over that way as the folks live in Greenvale

With a twin locked Gu on 33's you wont have any dramas with anything in cobaws mate but as mentioned above Alcorns can be a little tricky in the wet. 
There is another track there thats much more gnarly but i am not going to post location and name of it here as it was closed for a concideraqble amount of time and a few 4wd blokes i know had to push to have it opened again (but its probably only suitable for absolute nutters or comp vehicles)

Most of the stuff around the Alcorns side of cobaws is pretty decent  so if you explore that pocket thereon the south side you will have some fun.

Heres a vid of me doing Alcorns In my Mitsubishi triton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl8fn2EDId8

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
31 Mar 2016

Hey benny nice rig mate, 
You still live out broady way ? Im always over that way as the folks live in Greenvale

With a twin locked Gu on 33's you wont have any dramas with anything in cobaws mate but as mentio......

you make that look easy george, ive seen some damage done there. pictures dont do justice to the track