Mark (markfowl)
01 Mar 2016

Hi all,

Might go for a day trip explore around Aberfeldy in Gippsland in the next few weeks while the tracks are (should be) nice and dry. Keen to hear your thoughts on which tracks are worthwhile. Easy to medium. Looking for 'things to see' - nice views, historic points, etc than just driving around all day.

Was there a few years ago, but can't remember it very well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Mark

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
03 Mar 2016

Sounds good and I'm in if times and dates line up should you go ahead. Hopefully someone can chime in with places of interest.

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
03 Mar 2016

Good day trip would be head off from the dam wall up Walhalla rd and turn right into O'Keefes track . There's a nice river crossing over the Aberfeldie river head up to McGuires track turn left on the spur rd and up to Mt Useful (nice views) . Head back along the spur rd (Springs rd) and turn right onto Donnellys Creek track , there's a couple of small river crossings but heaps of historical markers and easy walks to the waterwheel . Store Point hut and Lloyds hut are on Donnelleys creek track and worth a stop . Continuing along Donnelleys Creek track you will go past O'tooles camping ground Jorgensens and then turn right onto Merringtons track and back up to Walhalla rd and back to the dam wall . It's easy driving , probably hardest track is O'Keefes but you shouldn't have any hassles .

hope it helps mate.

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
04 Mar 2016

Good day trip would be head off from the dam wall up Walhalla rd and turn right into O'Keefes track . There's a nice river crossing over the Aberfeldie river head up to McGuires track turn left on the spur rd and up to Mt Useful (nice v......

that sounds like a good suggestion  may just do that one myself hopefully in the near future yes

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Mar 2016

Check

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
04 Mar 2016

I'm going to do a trip there sat 12th

Mark (markfowl)
08 Mar 2016

I'm going to do a trip there sat 12th

Thanks for the offer. Busy that weekend though. Have fun.

Mark (markfowl)
08 Mar 2016

Ended up that way on the weekend just gone for a last minute impromptu ramble around the area. Aired down just past Thompson Dam wall, took Trig track, North East Track, Williamson Spur, Army Trk, morning tea @Store Point Hut. Then up morning spur track (I think), and then turn l) and back down White Star to Donnellys Creek track and lunch @ Jorgensons Hut. After this, out to Merringtons Campsite before hitting Pheasant track going East and back to Walhalla Rd via Dream Creek Track. Approx 7.5 hours including breaks. Good Easy to Medium Day out. This trip had a bit of everything. Looking forward to getting out that way again soon to explore some other tracks with you all!