The Blue Rag Range Track

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
John
John (Bulldog)
29 Feb 2016

The Blue Rag Range Track.

This track is a must do with a spectacular ridge top run out the Blue Rag Range to the Blue Rag Trig Point. An amazing track that crests a ridge with 360 degree views of the Victorian High Country.

The Blue Rag Range view from the trig point is a multilayered one, as the endless blue mountain ranges seem to go on, and on, and for ever.

Blue Rag Range Track starts off as a mild four wheel drive track, and then drops onto, and through a steep sided saddle and then along the ridge of Blue Rag Range, until just prior to the Blue Rag Trig (@1710m) where it makes a sudden climb over a rocky and is steep in some section of track.

I would have to say that it is a must do. So put it on your must do list. Please take your time to and stop for lunch and enjoy the view. Stay safe and have fun.

John Fritzz.

Steve
Steve (tasl)
29 Feb 2016

Next time I do Blue Rag, I want to be in the passanger seat, as being a driver you miss the veiws.  There is a continuation past the trig point down to a campsite, This section is a tougher track and through a small reek.  But there is none of the veiws on the trip up to the trig point, and unless you plan on amping down htere there is not muh point to the trip.

()
10 May 2016

So true heaps of great views in this area also up the top of Beenak east road were you can get a great picture on a clear day.